Thursday, October 1, 2009

China Glaze's Wagon Trail and CM's Persian Jewels




This was my NOTD. I guess I'm on a glitter kick now. Huh.

I really like Persian Jewels but idk if it's such a good layering glitter. It's pretty dense. This was just one coat layered over Wagon Trail. Good news for building opacity though!

Essie's MAY, middle and ring fingers.


(Flash)


(No Flash)

Wagon Trail does not hold up well to a matte top coat. Much of it's lovely glow is lost, the shimmer is too subtle. It's only visible if it is directly in the sun.

I do think the mattified Persian Jewels looks pretty neat.

Interestingly, I did dishes after dinner and the manicure held up very well except for the nails w/ Persian Jewels and MAY. Wagon Trail + MAY was fine, as was Persian Jewels w/out matte top coat.

*shrugs* Go figure.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

6 comments:

daydream222 said...

WHOA. That mattified glitter looks AWESOME!!

mKat said...

Okay so I LOVE this... It's so reptillian!

Helen (Nice Things) said...

That looks fantastic - love it. Wagon Trail is one of my all-time favourites. I don't think I'll be bothering to mattify it though from what you've said. I like it just fine as it is.

The Glitterati said...

Ahhh Wagon Trail... looking forward to wearing it again now in cooler weather! It didn't last very long on me last Fall, but maybe I'll have better luck this time around. Re: the Wagon Trail + Persian Jewels + MAY chipping first... maybe it's because that finger has the most coats? Or maybe because it's the middle finger. That one always chips first on me; it must be my workhorse finger! (Insert flipping-the-bird quip here)

I also agree that Wagon Trail is not as nice mattified... definitely loses its charm. Thanks for the comparison!

D:) said...

daydream - It's really very cool. I'm late to the party w/ MAY, but I can't get over how neat it makes glitter look!

mKAT - It is! So true.

Helen - Thanks :) MAY is a miracle worker but not on everything.

Glitter - That's very true - maybe it was because it had the most coats. It also chipped on my right hand ring finger which is where I had the glitter and MAY, so I don't know if it's the middle finger thing. Plus I chip on my thumb first w/out fail. The next in line is a tie b/w index and middle.

Lucy said...

Wagon Trail is a favorite of mine. I love how you mixed finishes within the manicure. I also love these shades in makeup.

Related Posts with Thumbnails