Monday, October 19, 2009

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Stocking Stuffer


I did some very quick and lazy swatches of one of Sally Hansen's stocking stuffer mini-polish collections. I think these things are so cute. The biggest drawback is that they don't include the names on any of these mini polishes. Sorry!

All swatches are 2 coats.



This is the strongest blue flash I have ever seen in person. The polish looks purple in the bottle but I'm pretty convinced that it is an entirely pink jelly w/ a shit-ton of blue shimmer in it.



Ugh vom. I am so freaking tired of pink neons! Formula was nice tho. Doesn't dry matte.



Very pretty in the bottle. Totally blah on the nail imo.



This is much more turquoise in person.



I like the way this comes out over black!



OK, I threw this one in. I found these at my local beauty supply shop. The blue/green one is named Papaya. I'm not thrilled by it and I've already swapped it away. HowEVER, I love the pink one - Velvet Dream.

Both are layered over black.


(Relatedly Unrelated - Sephora's F&F sale is pretty much useless when 2/3 of the stuff you want is out of stock. I swear I have never looked at the Illamasqua page when at least 3 things weren't out of stock.)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

8 comments:

gildedangel said...

I love that first polish, it reminds me of MAC Stars 'n Rockets eyeshadow in nail polish form!

nathalie said...

I adore the first one. So electric. The green is interesting, I'm sure it can come as very cool over a lot of colors other than black. Thanks for posting anyway!

Mighty Lambchop said...

I like the teal and turquoise. They would be amazing for layering!

D:) said...

Gilded & Nathalie - I own nothing like it. It's quite something. The blue flash is just... impressive.

Lamb - So many layering options in one little package of polish minis!

mKat said...

Every time I scroll the page, that purple-blue just grabs me... What a great snag! Looks awesome on you too, D.

Lucy said...

The first polish is amazing. The rest are okay. Why do they have to be so sheer. I like them over the black. Good idea and one I always forget. I did some real damage at Sephora. I'm also very aggravated that 3 of the polishes from Illamasqua were sold out. Your so right about something always being sold out.

D:) said...

mKat - Thanks! This is just an Xtreme wear so you can probably find it at Pharmaplus or Shoppers Drug Mart or something.

Lucy - I'm beginning to think that that first polish is one of those classic polishes that is meant for nail polish enthusiasts. Anybody else would find it odd. Sephora is the worst w/ keeping polishes in stock. I'm not sure what their reasoning is.

Cindy said...

im definitely commenting really late, but the names (in order you posted the pictures) are purple potion, fuschia power, strobe light, marine scene, and lime lights. i just got the stocking stuffer about a week ago,and i kinda like it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails