Thursday, November 5, 2009

I passed the NY Bar - praise Jeebus and Allah


Most of you don't remember this but back in July, right after I had taken the NY bar, I joined PoP and as my first post I featured a chipped and ravaged CG FYI mani.

It had been my mani the week prior to the 2-day-long exam. I swore that if I passed the bar I would worship FYI and kowtow to its strange power. If I failed, I would smash it on the concrete sidewalk outside my apartment in terrible despair.

Three months later and one new accomplishment under my belt, I'll certainly call FYI my lucky polish. But I'm just too lazy to actually change my mani and use FYI in celebration (an act that would befit the occasion).

Instead, I'll post my a blurry pic of my NOTD while lovingly cradling my new god.

Bow down. You are not worthy.

Emerald Sparkle on nails. FYI in bottle.

(2 coats.)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

22 comments:

daydream222 said...

Congrats!!!! So exciting!!!!

Also, your nails look amazing and ES is perfect on you!

Mary said...

Congratulations! I wish you much success :)

Shayla said...

Congrats on passing the bar!

keerthamina said...

congratulations!!!! and your nails are great - the perfect shape!

Rose said...

YAY congratulations!!!!
You go girl!!

Jessica said...

WooHoo!!! Congratulations! You deserve a great celebration and to do whatever it is your heart desires!

Renie said...

Congratulations!!! Bar Exam passer #2 I've heard about today!

Jodes said...

Congratulations! Your nails are fab

x

Jammies said...

Congrats, that's fantastic!

So are your nails. ;)

WillaDodge said...

Congrats! It's an awesome feeling!

Pinkginger said...

Congratulations!!!! Emerald Sparkle looks gorgeous on you :)

beautyjudy said...

Congratulations! That's awesome. Emerald Sparkle is a sparkler on you!

gildedangel said...

Congrats on passing the NY bar! My father said that out of the 4 different bar exams that he took, NY was by far the hardest!

D:) said...

Thanks all!

cupper82 said...

Oh wow, congrats! What an achievement!

Cali369 said...

Well done - I'm sure the lucky polish helped a little ;-)

Aaren said...

CONGATULATIONS!!!!!! I know how difficult the Bar Exam is (I took VA bar back in 2006), and New York in particular is an evil one. I'm so proud of you!

Lucy said...

How wonderful! I'm so proud of you and I knew you would pass without a problem. Congratulations sweetie! Your manicure was a lucky charm for you. Emerald Sparkle is amazing on you.

D:) said...

Thanks so much again to everyone! It is so wonderful to have so much support from everyone.

And I'm going to have to wear Emerald Sparkle more often!! haha. I didn't expect quite such a lovely reception.

Chocolate Kisses said...

CONGRATS!!

mKat said...

Congrats, D! So happy for you!!! :)

Papaya Bunny said...

Congratulations!

I just put FYI on myself yesterday. The color just amazes me, normally I can't stand tan/taupe type shades, and this one is almost skin toned on me, but the holo makes it worth it to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails