Sunday, February 21, 2010

Essie's Vanity Fairest


***ONE WEEK LEFT TO ENTER OUR BANNER CONTEST! IF YOU MISS IT, YOU WILL BE SAD. :(***

The Sunday before I started my job I painted my nails for my first day. First, I attempted OPI's Bubble Bath but I almost cried from the sheer dullness of it. That, plus it took me three coats to get it even.

So I tossed that and slapped on this Essie. My nail polish qi must have been off because I kept on smudging fingers. Probably my body reacting to the prospect of boring colors at least five days a week. I wiped it all off, walked away, and came back in the evening to try again.


Vanity Fairest

(2 coats)

Applies pretty evenly for a sheer. I like this one. The shimmer makes it sweet.

***ONE WEEK LEFT TO ENTER OUR BANNER CONTEST! IF YOU MISS IT, YOU WILL BE SAD. :(***

Like this? Click below to let us know!

9 comments:

rijaH said...

I loooove this :D Its a perfect neutral, this is going on my wishlist :)

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

Very pretty! It's like a "fake-out" French!

:B
~Tiffani

kittytokaren said...

I love Essie sheers, and I'm not ashamed to say it! I think you used the right word - this one is really 'sweet'! I know the prospect of these kinds of colours 5 days a week bores you, but there are ways to make them more interesting! I've found some fun combos by layering different Essie sheers.

Don't feel too down, it looks great on you!!

<3 kittytokaren

PS Sometimes my polish qi is off too...bad joojoo

Heidi said...

I have felt your pain of what I also consider boring office-appropriate colors. I'm thankful now to be given more freedom of expression on my nails at work, but if I was back at the old job, Vanity Fairest would be on my "get it now" list. I agree; you captured it with "sweet".

gildedangel said...

That is a very lovely color!

Grace said...

This, sugar daddy and mademoiselle are my go-to essie sheers. It's a great polish to have in your stash. Depends on just how conservative your office is, but I've found that nudes, taupes and even some light grays like CG recycle, barely get noticed when I wear them to work.

D:) said...

riJaH - get it! great addition to my collex

yard - I've never heard of this? Was ist das?

K2K - Ya... I'm a sheer champion and I'm not against what Essie does. I just wish they had a better formula (it's reallllly hit or miss). If you recall from a recent post, SFW polishes lasted 8 days. So I'm a happy gal. I still throw the nudes in once in a while, but only cuz I like em! Not cause i have to!

Heidi - I'm glad people like that word choice! lol

Gilded - thx

Grace - I only found out about it when a friend of mine got a mani w/ it and I was like what is THAT O_o (I wore a green similar to Jade is the New Black and a partner complimented me on it - so I think i'm cool)

Arrianne said...

Oh, I cannot imagine the horror of not being able to wear interesting colors. That shall be my fate some day...

mKat said...

This is really pretty on you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails