- Attempt 1 was done before MSLP's AMAZING video tutorials. It was awful plus I chose red and white. It looked like I had peppermint candies on my nails.
- Attempt 2 didn't work because I thought when you marble a light and dark color. Use the light color as the base so it pops. But that's not necessarily true. I found that I should have used the less pigmented color as the base. I swirled a well-pigmented but light pink $OPI w/ YDKJ (which needs 3 coats). I put the light pink on bottom and the effect was muddied b/c the YDKJ was translucent against the pink.
I used Zoya's Trixie and a Strangebeautiful. I did a base w/ 1 coat Trixie because it was the less pigmented of the two polishes.
Now I have to work on my swirl technique.
- Don't smudge your polish (see pinky)
- Make sure you get enough color swirl on the nail (see ring)
- Choose one swirl technique and do that for every nail otherwise it doesn't match (compare thumb with any of the others)
Like this? Click below to let us know!