Friday, November 19, 2010

Milani DressMaker





(3 or 4 coats, I can't remember)

This would not dry on me! Dentable until I took it off, about 24 hours later. But I got 2 compliments on the color at work. (My previous record was one for Cajun Shrimp.)

I really should have just bought the Chanel (because I've now spent more trying to dupe Jade than just buying it). (However, I wont be picking up Riva. Maybe I haven't learned my lesson. Maybe I'm not falling for consumerist tricks. Either way, I'll live.) I have Dressmaker (the closest in color), Sold Out Forever (the best formula), and Dreamcatcher (my favorite).


(1 coat: Dressmaker, Dream Catcher, Sold Out Forever)


(3 coats: Dressmaker, Dream Catcher, Sold Out Forever)

Dressmaker and Dream Catcher both have pretty bad formulas. But at least Dream Catcher dried on me. Sold Out Forever's formula is impressive considering lots of brands have trouble getting a nice two-coater out of a pastel (this didn't need the 3 coats it had in the comp photo). However, its shimmer is definitely the most subtle.


(P.S. It's my bday!)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

15 comments:

Halifax said...

Happy birthday :) Dressmaker would be a fun birthday colour

Lovely Addison said...

happy birthday! :)

myclumsyheart said...

Happy Birthday!

Vì said...

Happy Birthday!

Cherry Pullinger said...

Very minty colour, I like it, but I hate nail polishes that don't dry quickly.

Piff said...

Thanks all!

omgnoodles said...

This is a very beautiful color! Happy Birthday :) Hope you'll have a wonderful one!

Lucy said...

Hope your having a very Happy Birthday!!! Love this minty shade. I own the Milani. Would've loved the Chanel but she who hesitates! I hope my Milani dries. That really stinks that your didn't.

tasha~ said...

Shoulda, woulda, coudla!!!

I think having the dupe can never replace having the original right?!?

Best Wishes and Happy Birthday!

anniescolors said...

I really like that color and I would really like dressmaker! *adds to wishlist*
And happy birthday!!

Emmett Katherine said...

Happy Birthday!

Such a shame the polish didn't dry properly, it was such a nice minty colour.

~Em K

bluekitty159 said...

ooh, wow I love that color! but I HATE when polishes don't dry... I always seem to accidentally dent it or something.
And happy birthday! :D Hope you have a good one!

Piff said...

Thanks again all!

Aurora's Nails said...

Very pretty color, but too bad that it was dentable...hate that.

Geo58 said...

Happy Birthday Piff: Lovely minty green color, Milani nail polishes usually work and dry well, wouldn't a nail drier like Sephora by OPI "Fast drying nail polish drops," have worked on your nails? It dries the base and top coats in less than one minute to the touch and seals all the layers of polish in five minutes. Then, you can add your won top coat sealer if you wish. Just an idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails