Friday, January 7, 2011

China Glaze Millennium


I can't believe I waited so long to buy from this collex. I love all the ones I got.




(2 coats)

You could get opacity from 1 coat but I have learned that my ideal number of coats for minimal chipping and peeling is 2 coats so I always try to keep it to 2 these days. (Be warned: one coat or 2, this is a chippy SOB.)


(Millennium is on the left, Mirror Image on the right)

I remember when I first really launched into my nail polish fancy, minx was everywhere and I was obsessed with getting that look. At the time, the closest way to replicate it with a polish was Maybelline's Mirror Image, which I paid through the nose for on eBay (the only time I've done that).

As you can see they are basically identical. In person, the Mirror Image is ever so slightly more mirror-y. Very slightly.

I'd still go with the Millennium, however: (1) Mirror Image wears incredibly strangely; the elements to weird things to it. It's not durable in the slightest. (2) You have to use that glue base-coat it comes with. Why go to all the trouble. (3) The bottle Mirror Image comes in is SO small, it's basically a mini.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

12 comments:

tata said...

Lindo esse esmalte e suas unhas também são lindas, parabens...bjoos

http://tata-nadaver.blogspot.com/

Cali369 said...

Wow - this looks amazing with your skintone. And chippy SOB - love it!

rmcandlelight (nailsbeautiqued) said...

Girl, Thank you so much for this info. I have mirror image on my wishlist and many times I had the chance to get it on ebay but kept on passing. I do believe I have millenium hope so. Lol!! It's gorgeous on you. To bad its chippy. slapping SV helps my mani's from chipping :)

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

This is awesome to stamp with!!!!! just fyi, but you probably already knew that.

:B
~Tiffani

hannagrrl said...

It figures... I'd been hoarding a bottle of the base coat for three years... I somehow aquired it after a break up (don't ask) and yet, even though I *knew* that as soon as I threw it away, I'd find out that it was something awesome, I finally broke down and decided that I'd never discover the truth behind the lone "Step 2" bottle....
What could I have done with it anyway?

ShortAndSweetNails said...

Like someone else mentioned Millennium works amazing for stamping!

Lucy said...

Love Millenium. Love those shiny metallics.

colorfulbottle said...

WOW, this is awesome. I don't own any polishes from this collection, but I should really get some of them =)

rijaH said...

I love these kind of polishes :D They looks so smooth :D

Cel said...

Wow it's a fabulous colour indeed.

Dandy112 said...

This looks so good! I love it!! I don't have Millennium and never even thought about buying it until now! :)

Piff said...

tata - Muito obrigado! Você pode obter China Glaze no Brasil?

Cali - They are chippy SOBs!

rmc - They're not exact dupes but they are definitely close enough especially when you consider how poor the wear on Mirror Image is.

yards, shortand - I did but I'm not much of a stamper!

hanna - lmao! I love this. Find Step 2! It's vhtf!

lucy, rijaH - me too!

colorful - you really should! i waited a while and wonder why now.

Cel - right??

Dandy - do it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails