Friday, April 15, 2011

My Top 5 Summer Pedi Colors of 2010


Inspired by K2K's post, I thought I would share with you my own top 5 summer pedi colors of the 2010 summer. I wore all of these at least twice last summer.

I generally get pedis year round, but some colors just feel right when it's hot out (and some feel very wrong, like my fav pedi color - NARS Midnight Express). Here's my summer-time list:

  • American Apparel Malibu Green


(2 coats)

You didn't think I was gonna subject you folks to my feet, did you?

Love this color, but holy crap, I wore it ONCE as a mani and will never do that again. Stain city! Very pigmented formula. Could have gotten away with one thick coat. AA has some incredible polishes.

  • Zoya Charisma (Sinful Dream On, Essie Perky Purple)


(2 coats)

This photo isn't even close to color accurate. I couldn't even fix it w/ photoshop. It's like my computer is telling me this color does not exist and is merely a figment of my imagination.

No matter what, you know what it looks like. You've seen Charisma or one of her cousins. It's a great "staple" neon. I love this color so much.
  • OPI Cajun Shrimp


(2 coats)

Probably my favorite pedi color period. I did a pedi with this 3 times last summer and a couple times as a mani. Considering how many polishes I have...

  • China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy


(2 coats)

I'm fairly certain it was THE pedi color of the Summer of 2010 among NP enthusiasts.

  • Milani Radiant in Purple


(2 coats)

Really any medium purple creme works in this space. It's a go-to for me.

I wonder what's in store for us this year...

Like this? Click below to let us know!

23 comments:

Smita said...

great pedi colours!

hermetic said...

Cajun Shrimp looks amazing in your pics, I also pick vibrant bright colors for my summer pedis

Kayla101 said...

Very pretty!! I would totally choose these colours too! lol

Stephanie said...

The sandals that I wear in the summertime are these completely ridiculous gladiator sandals with straps and metal studs everywhere. Zippers are involved. In order to not detract from the marathon of leather and metal going on on my feets I usually wear neutrals on my toes (Favorites: RBL Grunge, Essie Marshmallow, AA California Trooper). I'm the only person I know who steers clears of brights.

Stephanie said...

PS, my word verification was just "supdoggy." It made me laugh.

KarenD said...

I love brights on my toes, and definitely had Flip Flop Fantasy in rotation last year.

Danielle said...

Flip Flop Fantasy I think is my favorite china Glaze colour! I wore it as a matching mani pedi with some subtle accent hibiscus konad and white rhinestones when I was on vacation in the summer last year. LOVE THIS COLOUR!

Tierney said...

Ooh, I love all your choices!! I love bright pedis in the summer.. I usually wear neons actually.

I really need to get AA Malibu Green, I know I would wear that a lot.

ilexica said...

Cajun Shrimp is one of my favourites, too. I must snag that AA polish - been looking for a bright jewel green-y turquoise-y colour for what seems like forever!

Honey_lili said...

Love your selection ! I wore Flip Flop Fantasy all summer long last year. It's the first time I've got an almost empty bottle of polish. I definitely need to get a new one.

Piff said...

Smita, Kayla - Thanks!

hermetic - It's the best color ever. Must buy.

Stephanie - Essie Marshmallow is certainly a year round fav for me! But as a mani only. youdamannowdoggy!

KarenD, Danielle, Hone_lili - FFF is just a killer color.

Tierney, ilexica - Imo it's the perfect bright turquoise. I hate when turquoises don't have enough green in them. This is perfect imo.

kittytokaren said...

I love this post!! I always love to see what people choose for their pedis (without seeing their feets!). Thanks Piff :) And some great choices as well! You have me wanting Cajun Shrimp!

ChaosButterfly said...

You have good taste in summer colors! I love how these look on you.

(♥♥♥♥♥) Minty said...

China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy looks great on you!

Piff said...

k2k - I've had this post in the can for how long? Since mid August 2010? Finally sees the light of day! lol. CAJUN SHRIMP IS A MUST.

Chaos - Thanks so much!

Minty - Thanks it's such a great color!

Dandy112 said...

WOW! I love all of those! Especially Cajun Shrimp! I want to run out and but that right now!!!!!

Justine (Productrater) said...

great choices, I love love love malibu green, beautiful.

Geo58 said...

If I go for a pedi I will let you know which nail color I will choose, LOL These are an excellent choice for pedis, love them all.

American Apparel Malibu Green is so hot right now for me anyway, and love the purple of Milani Radiant. I own some Zoyas, Milanis, OPIs, beautiful choices for the summer. How often does everyone go for a pedicure, how long will it last, LOL

Love,

George :)

Stephanie said...

The American Apparel Malibu Green is gorgeous.
I haven't been able to buy any new polishes in a while, the last color I bought was the mint green from E.L.F.

Katy said...

I wore FFF literally all last summer as a pedi. It was cool seeing it through pool water.

Piff said...

Dandi - Do it!

Justine, Stephanie - It's a great one!

Geo - I love getting pedis as they look pretty good for a month, in the summer I get them more often because my toesies are out more and I get bored with the color.

Katy - Ooooh I bet.

Lucy said...

My favorite is Cajun Shrimp. I'm realling liking the orange shades lately. I'll have to check to see if I have this. I do hope so. Looks lovely on you. They all do.

amanda said...

Cajun Shrimp and Flip Flop Fantasy are probably my two top summer colors, great picks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails