Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chanel Morning Rose & Essie Topless & Barefoot



(3 coats)

The formula on Morning Rose is better than Mimosa but I still found it lacking. Plus I'm kind of eh over the color it's pretty but kind of boring to me.



(a million coats - but I could probably have gotten it in 3 careful coats)

A color I'm not eh over is this. I'm trying to purge my stash and I was SO READY to put this in the goodbye pile especially since I had real trouble with the sticky and unleveling formula, but I just couldn't. I love the color. I think it might be one of those almost universally flattering colors.

I messaged k2k about this and she reported no formula issues and convinced me to keep it. Hopefully, I can just chalk it up to a humid day.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

10 comments:

Just me and Hohner said...

To bad the Essie one is sheer, it looks beyond amazing. :)

Laynie said...

Have you tried thinning the Essie polish to make it a bit more usable? I've had issues with a few polishes that were almost unusable, and a few drops of thinner turned them into joy again!

Deborah said...

The Essie looks fab!

Spaceinvaders said...

Morning rose is stunning! :D

Piff said...

Just me - It really is. I'm going to fix it!

Laynie - GOOD IDEA. I never think of thinning out a brand new polish even if it needs it. I'm going to do that here.

Deborah - It is.

Space - Glad you like.

kittytokaren said...

Morning Rose looks so stunning on you, it's making me want to buy it. I *must* remember that those pinks look horrible on me, but lovely on you! gahhhhh want!

cilucia said...

Morning Rose is so pretty. But I'm not shelling out $25 for it LOL.

Lucy said...

I just am taken with Morning Rose. I refuse to pay that price for a polish that isn't "special" enough. Darn! The Essie polish does look so nice on you. Very flattering. Good idea to thin it out.

Maja said...

is the 'morning rose' anything like Essie 'jumpin junkanoo'? i saw cmr some time ago and i really like the color, so i bought ejj thinking maybe it's similar.. so, is it? :)

beachgal said...

Don't get rid of Topless & Barefoot. It's a great light topper to change up another shade on first pass or to give a mani/pedi a new life after day 2. I am captivated by what it does with just 1 coat as a topper on light as well as dark shades. I fell for the hype of this same Chanel and really was disappointed with it when I order it. It's nothing special like all the hype said it was.

Related Posts with Thumbnails