Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Zoya Tamsen & Ashley


Sadly swatch pictures (almost universally, including mine) are not accurate on this one. You are better off believing the description on the Zoya site: a "Medium warm brick red with strong orange tones" indeed.





(2 coats)

I bought this instead of Sooki because I was fairly sure Sooki would not look good on me and I am forever in search of a great orange based red.

But this is red, orange and a healthy helping of brown. Sure in bright light it's gorgeous. But really, in most other lights it's just a brick red (I tried to capture it in the last photo but even that is still too red in my view).

If you're still interested well then SLAM it into your checkout cart because the formula is love. Smooth, silky, and you can almost do one thick coat and call it done (instead i did 2 medium coats). No drying issues either (for me).



(3 coats)

I went through my stash and counted. I have 2 berry-red cremes. And this is one of them. And I like it! Very much. (Ladies of Color - if you are having a hard time finding a red that you can pull off, inch over to the berry-reds. They're very flattering.)

But as I purge I have to be strict about formula and 3 coats to get an even finish on what is a standard berry-red creme is....well. I can't go for that, noOOooooo (noo); no can do.

So now I have one berry-red creme in a stash of hundreds. Maybe I'll covet it now, instead of ignoring the poor dear.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

13 comments:

Brainless Housewife said...

I may just have to pick up Slam. It looks beautiful! Thanks for posting!

XOXO

The Brainless Housewife :P

Poetic Realist said...

Tamsen was a disappoint for me since I thought it was more red. I will definitely be getting Sooki, but I'm not sure if I'm keeping Tamsen.

Kiki's Corner said...

I love the last swatch of the zoya polish. It looks like a beautiful color :)

Hope you have a great day :)

http://kikiscornerfunfashionandfrivolity.blogspot.com/

Barilla said...

Mad props on the Hall & Oates reference.

Also, thanks for rocking the short and lovely nails...they look awesome!

terry said...

opi red my fortune cookie is a pretty good oranged-based red... one-coater too!=D

Toyomi said...

The first color just screams tomatoes . I like it a lot !

cilucia said...

Ah that berry is the one you were wondering about purging before lol! I think you made the right choice.

Piff said...

Poetic - That was my feeling as well.

Kiki's - Thanks :)

Barilla - Lol thanks :)

terry - thanks! I have my eye on off with her red right now.

Toyomi - glad you do. Too brown for tomatoes.

cilucia - it is!!!

Em said...

Tamsen is soo pretty, I love it. Looks awesome on you too :)

AngieP said...

The berry color, Ashley, looks just stunning on you! I haven't reached for too many berry colors myself- I just thought it looked too tame for my taste. After seeing it on you, I'm inspired to find a beautiful berry for the fall!

Arrianne said...

I can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that, can't go for that, yeah!

I love random music references! I'm wondering if me and Barilla are the only ones who got the reference. :S

Lucy said...

They both look so pretty on you. These last collections I've really loved.

Piff said...

Em - It doesn't look like that irl.

Angie - Yes I might have to pay attention to my AA Berry this fall.

Arrianne - Nahhhh it's a classic, I bet lots of people picked it up.

Lucy - Me too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails