Monday, August 22, 2011

Dior Timeless Gold & Pure Diamonds


Timeless Gold


(2 coats)

An extremely cool gold (though the camera makes it more silver-y pewter than it is). Really like it. But it makes me sad because Dior messed with perfection with their new paddle (Sally Hansen mop-style) brushes.

Pure Diamonds

(2 coats - ignore the ding, hasty swatching)

This one has their old brush. It was so perfect. It was like the OPI pro-wide except a little shorter and the bristles seem to be a bit finer. Application is SO nice with this brush. WHY did they have to take it away? :'''''(

This one is going in the swap pile. I don't do layering polishes. For me, adding a shimmery layer to a creme is like Dior switching to the paddle-mop from the old one. Ruining things.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

7 comments:

NY*NAIL*DIVA said...

Timeless gold actually looks like Minx nails, great post

beachgal said...

How many coats did it take? In the first photos, was not aware it was so sheer and you had to pile it on. It reminded me of Your Royal Shine-ness from the OPI Grand Slam England collection. It really does not show gold at all in the photos. I like the SH mop brush sometimes...but it does making getting back to the edges that need smoothing out or a little touch up hard. I keep an assortment of nail art brushes for that. I am pretty Ok with most brushes long as they are not all splayed out in every direction which I have had some of the OPI brushes come to me that way due to poor QC. I don't like Dior - no place to look at it since they took away all our dept stores for 200 miles. So that makes lots of choices on the high $ polishes easy - don't have them to try at a close by counter - I don't buy them. So long to Estee, Clarins, Chanel, Dior and all the others I used to at least look at. The recession and change in retailing has really changed a lot of options for many of us who live in rural and semi rural areas....esp when like me, I rarely do pick up drugstore brands - through my years have found most to be a waste of $ unless I need a one time, one use shade for something.

Krissy said...

Timeless Gold is so beautiful.

How do you think it compares to Color Clubs "What A Drag"?

KimsKie's Nails said...

Ahhh... that silver is really awesome!! Beautiful!

Lucy said...

Looks really pretty in the first two pictures. What a difference in the third! I hate when the brushes change. So annoying. I broke down and ordered Chanel's Peridot. Couldn't resist it any longer.

Sia said...

Love! XOXO

Istituto Marangoni said...

Fashion Internships
hi,
nice post, thanks for sharing....

Related Posts with Thumbnails