Monday, March 19, 2012

Zoya Kendal





(2 coats)

Zoya had a promo a couple months ago (what else is new) and I thought I would test out a color from a collection that seemed made for me. ("Feel").

The color wore very well, this is after a couple days' wear. However, application was a bit gummy.


(top and third - St. Lucia, second and bottom - Kendal)

Sadly, I realized I had a fairly close polish in Essie St. Lucia Lilac.

Key differences:
- Essie's formula is better.
- Essie's has an invisible shimmer (which you can see in the bottle but not on the nail, I'm convinced this is a way to get the polish to apply a little more smoothly).
- Zoya's polish is much dustier and is a touch pinker.

This was a toughy since I like the color of Kendal better but the formula of St. Lucia Lilac better. Which would you pick?

They're JUST different enough to keep both, but I have set a goal to get myself to under 300 polishes so I had to get one of them and I went with last in, first out.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

7 comments:

Grace said...

I always wondered that about "hidden shimmer", especially in pastel colors which are usually tricky to apply. It does seem to help them go on smoother and with fewer streaks than plain cremes do.

Niki said...

this is like the perfect purple! i love it!

http://www.hellomissniki.blogspot.com

nevlu.org said...

I prefer the Zoya on you. The Essie one is, in my opinion, below average.

beachgal said...

I also like the Zoya much better. It does not have that white chalky look in it that the Essie has.

The Lacquer Tracker said...

I love Zoya Kendal- so pretty, and I love the slightly pinker tone. In fact, I was a big fan of the whole Zoya Feel collection. Both look great on you, but I prefer Kendal. It's not quite so stark.

Ali Golightly said...

I would definitely go with st. lucia lilac just because of the shimmer haha

Piff said...

Bah! I chose the wrong one!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails