Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gradient!


I have fully embraced the gradient trend. This is nail art I can get behind!



For my first attempt, I went with 2 coats of Essie Sand Tropez fading into Brucci Alexandra's "Hot" Gray (Brucci has the worst fuckin nail polish names on the planet). My middle finger came out rather bumpy but I'm otherwise happy with my attempt (the gray is more pronounced in person). I'd call this my work appropriate gradient.

Next up - my weekend gradient.



For my second attempt, I went with 1 coat of Sally Hansen Evening Fog fading into A! neon orange. By far my favorite trend of the past few seasons has been mixing neons with beiges and nudes. I don't know how it looks on your computer, but this is a traffic cone show-stopping orange. This turned out pretty well :)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

10 comments:

LabMuffin said...

Oh yeah, I'm loving gradients too! :D

scReamViolenc3 said...

Love the second gradient! I definitely need to give them a go.

NailsByDiana said...

Great gradients!

kittytokaren said...

This is fabulous. I like both of them really! Come to my house and do the grey gradient on me? <3

Mariko Manlulo said...

i love the color.. :)

The Lacquer Tracker said...

Love the mixture of neon with the pale grey! Fantastic; I'd like to try this myself!

ilexica said...

Love the neon one! I tried a gradient a couple of days ago but the sponge really sucked up the polish. Any tips?

zebra-nails said...

I like them both!

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

pretty!


p.s. I'm having a giveaway if you'd like to check it out!
devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

Piff said...

Lab - They're great right?

scream, k2k, tracker - they're easier then they seem!

nails, mariko, zebra, devo - thanks!

ilexica - hmmmmm not sure. this technique does use up a lot of polish (much like water marbling).

Related Posts with Thumbnails