Sunday, January 31, 2010

Old NOTD: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade


I got this polish off of eBay... and received it securely wrapped and covered in nail polish a couple of days later. It doesn't seem like a lot has leaked out but still -- grr!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade

This wasn't a particularly special color for me. Dark green shimmer. Nice. Not special. But nice. The bigass brush performed very well on most fingers... except my pinky, where it flooded it and was impossible to clean up because the polish was so pigmented. Two coats, somewhat uneven application (probably due to the polish thickening from being slightly open for probably days before I received it). I put Diamont over it though it almost wasn't necessary since it was practically dry after I applied it. The photos above were taken a day after applying: just a slight bit of tipwear, not bad at all. Removal, however... oh man. My nails used to be stained yellow... I swear to god, they're green now. A sickly, ugly green. :(

The reason I decided to post this was because I had just posted that whole long thing on making my own lightbox: I wanted to show a comparison of how photos turn out using natural light vs. lightbox. The first photo was taken using a lightbox, the second photo was taken in the sunlight. In the case of this dark green shimmer, there's not much of a difference: the only way I can tell the difference is that the reflection on the first photo shows the lightbulb and the reflection in the second photo shows the sky (which makes it slightly more blue).


Like this? Click below to let us know!

4 comments:

Michèle said...

Your lightbox is amazing, mine makes everything look so unnatural, lol.

Very pretty green color btw! :-)

Paige said...

That is a really cool color!!!

Kate said...

That is a lovely color. I am wary of Sally Hansen polishes now because I had a gorgeous bright red (Sacred Scarlet? something like that), and when I went to take it off, my nails were stained orangey-red. :/ I don't know if it was too old or what, but it was not so good.

flinty said...

Michele: Your lightbox looks pretty good to me. I love your blog, btw!

Gildedangel: thanks!

Dawnflower: yeah, after the way this stained my nails, I'm definitely a little bit wary of them too...

Related Posts with Thumbnails