Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First Konad in about half a year...


I think I've forgotten how...

Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade with Diamond Cosmetics Silver Brocade (using Konad M73)
Silver Brocade doesn't actually make a bad Konading polish but it definitely is a lot lighter than a straight-up metallic polish such as from the China Glaze Romantiques collex. Still, it did pretty well considering how fine this stamp was.

Sally Hansen Jumpin' Jade with Diamond Cosmetics Silver Brocade (using Konad M73), mattefied with Nubar V for Men
I think I like it better matte...

The main reason I've been taking up Konad again is because I want nearly all of those new plates that are coming out and I'm pretending like I do Konad enough to warrant buying more. :D

I'm on campus right now, desperately trying to procrastinate from reading. Why? I don't know. I actually like the discussion topic today (the development of theory of mind and language in children). And yet, I procrastinate. Go figure.

In other news, my index fingernail has broken partly and I'm hoping to salvage it for at least a week via the teabag method (use nail glue and bits of teabag to hold the nail together) before filing off more length in my nails. I don't wanna go back to nubbin. :(


Like this? Click below to let us know!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely like it better matte. Its so pretty and it defines the silver so well

Anonymous said...

Very pretty konad design! Love how it looks matte.

Teabag method? I have never heard of that. Fingers crossed it works :)

Grace said...

I used to keep my nails a bit longer (though not as long as yours) and I found that the teabag method wound up doing more harm than good in the end with all the smoothing and buffing, I wound up with weaker nails than if I had just bit the bullet and filed them all off in the first place and let them grow out properly. Now, I just prefer nubbins anyway.

Susie said...

Nice.
Can't wait to see more Konading especially with the new plates. :)
Susie

Paige said...

Beautiful konad!

Lucy said...

I like, it's almost damask-like!

http://beauty-and-the-blogger.blogspot.com/

razberiswrl said...

Do you have Orly Nail Rescue?! I had it sitting here for months, and had my first break last week. Worked like a CHARM! Total WIN. I love the look of this Konadcure, but I still just can't get behind it (konad in general).

mKat said...

Gorgeous mani... :)

I have never heard of the teabag method...Sounds interesting.

flinty said...

Ange-Marie: some things just look better matte. :)

Kelly, mKat: it's like DIY silk wraps.

Lucy, Gildedangel: thanks!

Grace: I don't actually end up smoothing and buffing the teabag. I just put a ridgefiller over it to even it out slightly and then use a glitter polish (that's not going to have even texture anyway). Yep, I'm pretty lazy...

Susie: I really shouldn't buy them but I want them sooo much!

razberiswrl: I do use Orly Nail Rescue from time to time but I've found the teabag method to be a quicker fix. That and I hate getting that powder stuff between my nail and finger!

kittytokaren said...

i'm not usually into konad or nail art, but this is really elegant! Love it!

Fem Wynn said...

How do you use the Konad plates?

Related Posts with Thumbnails