Tuesday, March 2, 2010

NOTD American Apparel Hunter with Konad Plate M78


Hello everyone! School is kicking my butt and I am SO ready for summer to be here. Anyone else??

I have decided to wear nothing but green nail polishes until St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish, but I do love green, so I figured, why not!

I started out with a base of American Apparel Hunter, which applied like a dream in 2 coats. I was really impressed. I bought the original Hunter when it was out in stores several months ago and then I just exchanged my original for the new bottles from the recall (the new bottles appear to have thicker glass than the original bottles - no changes to the colors). Then the next day I applied this pattern from Konad Plate M78 (one of the new ones) with China Glaze Cherish from the Romantiques Collection. Here's how it turned out:

Kinda blurry indoors:


Indoors natural light:


Flash:


Well, what do you think? I'm still a Konad novice but I'm getting better. :) Also - these photos were taken on the 4th day of wear. The 4th!!! Insane, huh? I was doing some heavy cleaning too - very impressive, American Apparel!

I purchased American Apparel Hunter from an American Apparel store, China Glaze Cherish from Victoria's Nail Supply (though it's available from all the e-tailers, I believe), and Konad Plate M78 from OCNailArt.

On a side note, I am sorry to promote my own research here but I figured why not - those of you not interested can skip over this paragraph! :) I am in the process of starting my Master's Thesis and I have decided to continue my research on the Twilight saga. I am mainly analyzing Twilight's phenomenon, its audience, why people love it so much, and what it means for feminism and women today. Obviously there is more to it than that but that is the gist of my project. Anyway, I am hoping to gather some information from Twilight fans (and haters!) out there and would love it if you guys could send me any thoughts you have about why you love (or don't love) Twilight. Any thoughts can be sent to my research email address at twilight [dot] saga [dot] research [@] gmail [dot] com.

Have a great night!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

9 comments:

kittytokaren said...

I think that that is one super klassy konad!! I love it :) Thats one of the few designs that makes me consider trying it (that and fishnet, and theres one other one I really like). I also love the colours you chose.
<3 kittytokaren

Paige said...

That is so pretty!

Sakara said...

great nail design!!!!

about Twilight. I detest it because of the vapid character of the lead female. it seems abuse is normal for her...i see how she is popular as she is so blank fan girls can imagine themselves as her..sort of replace themselves as her.
Im a vampire fan too, and hate the dumbing down of the vampire type in this film (and werewolves too)

Heidi said...

Nice job with the Konad. I'm going to have to check out these polishes!

Jen said...

love this so classy! i really want to try Konad now.

I love twilight, but think that Bella is an awful protagonist esp for younger girls. I think the reason it is so popular though is that it conjures up the feeling of falling in love for the first time, and its also an easy read.

mKat said...

Really lovely mani. :) Great wear on the polish too... four days! It held up well.

I SO hear you on wanting summer to be here. I wish for it every single day.

I am neither a lover nor hater of Twilight. I'm very, very indifferent to it. I haven't read the books nor seen the movies...and I'm not moved to. Still, I haven't made any sort of active decision not to partake it it either.

Apriltini said...

Gah, don't get me started on Twilight. I'll confine my ranting to one statement: vampires don't glitter!

Aly said...

Lovely mani, the design is gorgeous!
(I want that plate too ;-))

daydream222 said...

Thanks everyone!

Also, I love all the responses to Twilight - your responses are exactly why I'm studying it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails