Sunday, March 7, 2010

NOTWeekend: Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Tourmaline over Rescue Beauty Lounge Glamourpuss


I do not enjoy red manis but accidentally kept a red mani on all weekend. I put on RBL Glamourpuss on Wednesday night and then layered Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Tourmaline on top Friday morning. See, I was rushing out the house to meet my SO to go to San Francisco for the weekend and I had gotten thoroughly sick of Glamourpuss. I thought I had some time to layer the Golden Tourmaline and slather Sally Hansen Insta-Dri topcoat on top... but I actually didn't have the time and ended up having a massively messed up left hand the entire weekend in SF.

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Golden Tourmaline over RBL Glamourpuss




Golden Tourmaline on its own would probably make for a pretty great red holo but layered over Glamourpuss, it is just a stunning one. (Don't know why there are so few good red holos out there. So many of them end up looking more pink because of the way the light interacts with it.) Not the world's strongest linear holo effect -- though the photos don't show it well -- but it is a pretty nice one. I suppose this is counted as an HTF now though I've seen a few of them on eBay (where I got mine) for anywhere between $5-8 shipped. This is two layers of Golden Tourmaline over Glamourpuss. The photo is from today, which is the third day of wear. I have a lot of work to do tonight to make up for fleeing town this weekend but I really hope to have a chance to change my mani: red just never feels like my color!

Video of Golden Tourmaline over Glamourpuss:

So, why was I in San Francisco, you might ask? (Or you might not, but I'll just keep typing as if you did.) I got to see Tegan & Sara in Oakland on Friday!! :D I am a huuuuuuuuuuuuge Tegan & Sara fan, as I've pointed out before. But I had never gotten to see them live until this weekend. The crowd at the concert was terrible but they were amazing live. I just wish the crowd had been better behaved because from what I've heard (and watched on YouTube), they are often pretty talkative (and so hilarious) between songs... unless the crowd's so bad that they just play through their setlist and scurry off stage as quickly as possible. Which was the case on Friday. Boo. :(

It was highly tempting to record their entire concert on my camera (I had enough for almost a two-hour HD video) but I really wanted to actually BE at the concert. Here is the one song I recorded, from their encore... just in case there are any other Tegan & Sara fans out there. :)

Tegan & Sara, Back In Your Head (Fox Theater, March 5th, 2010)


Like this? Click below to let us know!

2 comments:

Paige said...

That is so pretty!

mKat said...

Your mani is quite lovely. :)

(And there's nothing more awesome than seeing a band you love live!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails