Wednesday, April 21, 2010

NOTD: BB Couture Horned Devil


This is 3 coats of BB Couture Horned Devil, from the recently released Butterfly Collection. Horned Devil is, as Flinty mentioned a few weeks ago, similar to Hermosa Surfer Girl - it's multi-colored glitter suspended in a jelly base. I do have some visible nail line (VNL) though I can't always see it - it depends on the lighting. I had to use 3 coats of topcoat to get it smooth. I am absolutely in love with this color. I'm also trying a new pic style, what do you think?

Sunlight:


Blurred:


Semi-shade:


Shade:


You can purchase Horned Devil from overallbeauty.com.

Are any of you trying to lose weight right now? One unfortunate side of graduate school has been weight gain for me. :-/ I finally weighed myself this weekend and it turns out that I've gained about 15-20 lbs. :( Aside from a few pairs of jeans that were always a little tight on me, my clothes still fit so I'm not sure where this weight has gone, but I'm convinced that I need to start dieting. I already work out about 5 days a week, 45 min - 1 hr (usually cardio, strength training on odd days) so I'm not sure what else to do workout-wise. If anyone has any tips, I'd be happy to hear them!

Thanks for looking!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

8 comments:

Cali369 said...

Total gorgeousness - not usually an orange fan (perhaps as it doesn't suit my skintone) but this is lush. No tips on workouts or weight loss I'm afraid

ainos2 said...

Ok, that's it!
You just made up my mind about getting Horned Devil. It's been on my wishlist since I first laid eyes on it. Not being a red lover, I've been on the fence in regards to how it would look with my skin-tone. I don't care- I'm getting it- if only just to look at!

Grace said...

I've never tried this brand of polish before - I guess they just don't sell it at any of the e-tailers I use regularly, but I'm definitely going to check out that link!

I can sympathize with the grad school weight gain. I had it pretty much under control but now I'm starting on my dissertation and I feel it creeping back up on me. The only thing that has ever helped me lose weight was amping up my strength training. Use the heaviest weights you can that will allow you to complete 3 sets of 8-10 reps. You should be struggling to finish the last set! Don't be one of those girls in the gym putzing around with the 6 lb. dumbbells because she's afraid heavy weights will make her too bulky. It's total BS. Adding bulk requires more than heavy weights, it requires testosterone and huge amounts of protein and caloric intake, so as long as you're not drowning in supplements you'll be fine. Good luck!

MudMaskHoochie said...

I love this, It's looks womderful on upo. I don't have any BBC's but this is going to be top on my list! Thanks for these wonderful swatches and I love the new pic style too :)

Hello Adrienne said...

Your nails are looking soooooo gorgeous!!

With dieting.. I think portion control is what is most important next to exercising.

Kitty said...

Mmm this look delicious! Dunno why, but I'm really loving the oranges lately =)

Arrianne said...

I prefer the horizontal pictures, but that's just me. This color does look delicious, it reminds me of the orange jelly candies in orange slice cookies!

B.Stone said...

If you're doing all that strength training, and not all of the weight is apparent, have you considered that a percentage of that is gained muscle?

Related Posts with Thumbnails