Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Raspberries and other tasty treats... China Glaze Heli-Yum


Heli-Yum was one of the many fantastic cremes to launch as part of China Glaze's wonderful summer 2010 collection, Up and Away. Of the collection, I currently own only three shades - Grape Pop, Light as Air and this little bit of aforementioned raspberry wonderfulness - though I am sure I will collect them all eventually. Although I bought it much earlier in the year, I've waited months and months for just the right time to debut this shade. (What can I say? I'm neither a trend-follower, nor trend setter. :P) It is a decadently rich, berry pink that makes me think of jams, jellies and fresh summer fruit and it looks amazing when paired with a decent top-coat such as Seche Vite. Right now I'm wearing it on both my hands and feet and I'm loving how playful it makes me feel. :) Two coats was enough to bring me to bottle colour but I added a third just for the heck of it.






I am currently indulging in some of my other favourite pastimes including digging in the dirt (literally...as I've been planting/replanting around my condo) and counting down to StarCraft II which came out on the 27th. (In true nerd fashion, I lined up for the midnight sale and scored a bonus hat as a result.) :P I have no doubt that between gardening and gaming my nails will be looking shabby for a while. LOL

Oh and because I mentioned 'other tasty treats', here's one of my favourites... Jon Bon Jovi. :) I was in the fourth row at their concert last week and the most amazing lady that was seated next to me was kind enough to send me a ton of her pictures. This one is courtesy of her. Bon Jovi=greatest band in the world (I say this with little to no bias ;)) and it's great to see they have such wonderful fans! :)




Til next time!
-mKat

Like this? Click below to let us know!

16 comments:

Zara said...

Pretty! I must say, though, Bon Jovi has never appealed to me...though I have a friend who is aghast at this. :)

mKat said...

Bon Jovi has never (really) appealed to any of my friends. None of the music I've listened to has... LOL

extraH said...

love love LOVE Bon Jovi! How can you not belt out "Wanted Dead or Alive" at a karaoke bar? I mean COME ON!

I also love Heli-yum... I'm not much of a pink gal, but this one just sang to me and I think it wears really well, too. Perfection!

Grace said...

What a coincidence! I also bought Heli-yum when it was released but waited until yesterday to actually try it out! It's on both my tips and toes right now (with Seche, of course), and I love it. It's not the most unique color, but I'd read that the application was flawless and I figured everybody should have a fantastic hot pink in their stash, why not this one?

I actually picked up quite a few polishes from that collection (Grape Pop, Four Leaf Clover, High Hopes, Something Sweet and Heli-yum) and I can honestly say that none of them disappoint!

mKat said...

@extraH: haha I've made myself hoarse for a week singing at Bon Jovi concerts. And my bf's friends always seem to have WDOA at weddings (which then promptly results in me being moved to the dance floor). haha You can't dance to that song at all. :)

@Grace: I don't know what I did before Seche, honestly. The stuff is the greatest thing ever. I've been wearing Heli-Yum since last Friday and I'm just seeing a bit of tipwear mostly because (as I mentioned) I've been digging through my plant pots.

I definitely agree with you - Heli-Yum applies very nicely. It's a lovely, dependable, rich pink that is toned down enough to not really be neon but is bright enough to inspire summer happiness.

吳怡君吳怡君 said...

來給你加油打氣,祝福大家開開心心。 ..................................................................

sofi-lee said...

Starceaft II! :D
;) nerd girls unite!

mKat said...

Yes!! Which race do you prefer? I'm partial to Zerg myself. :)

Aurora's Nails said...

I really really want this polish!

Sandi said...

Not like Jon Bon Jovi??? I don't care if you have to wear ear plugs, if you don't like Jon something's wrong with your hormones! The man is improving like fine cognac.

Love the Heli-Yum but Sugar High was a bust for me. Doesn't look good on my tips or toes.

Sarah said...

Sandi: You took the words right out of my mouth! Jon is insanely hot. Like ridiculously hot! LOL
I love seeing them live because he plays to the crowd SO MUCH and it's entirely too much fun. :) Oh, and the guy can sing. Can't forget that detail! LOL

I completely agree about Sugar High. I don't have Heli-yum, but I think I should have gotten it instead. Sugar High not only looks AWFUL on me, but it applies like yuck. No matter what I do, I cannot get it to look good!

mKat said...

LOL @ Sandi! He does age like a fine wine... I will say that! And he looks just as good up close as he does on the big screen from far away!

I am always reluctant to try out pastels. I have pretty dark skin (think MAC NC45, MUFE 173) so I find pastels only look good on me if blended with other colours. Maybe you guys could try doing nail art with it or something? Otherwise.. use it to franken! I'm sure it'd make a good base for a darker polish.

LiveLaughLove6487 said...

Ok...you have just jumped from my top 3 fave bloggers, to Numero Uno, just because you like Bon Jovi. Lol. The weird thing is that I was listening to 'It's My Life' while reading. Just thought I'd let you know. =)

tasha~ said...

I LOVE Heli-Yum! I think its nice and bright- unlike most pink/reds! I had it on a few days ago ;)

mKat said...

@LiveLaughLove: LOL! That's very flattering. (And funny!) I don't just like them... I love them! If there's one thing I would do if I wasn't a student and had copious amounts of cash lying about it would be to hit random cities around the world on their tour. Travel and Bon Jovi...two of my favourite things together at last. ;) What's your favourite song?

@tasha: Isn't it gorgeous?! I really need to change my polish but I am still looking at it.. LOL It's such a flattering shade for most people, I think.

LiveLaughLove6487 said...

I LOVE It's My Life...I hadn't heard it in forever, then it came on the radio, so I, of course had to find it and download it. I mean...find it on iTunes... O.o I never download songs illegally... ^_^

Related Posts with Thumbnails