Saturday, March 5, 2011

J. Crew FTW - Essie Milky Way


I am such an Essie fanatic - I will go wherever, whenever I have to for new Essies! And a neutral creme?! I'm there. I caught wind of Essie Milky Way in some strange corner of the internet that I can't quite recall - a blog post, a tweet, a random image? Either way, I knew I had to have it!

So off to J. Crew I went - because this puppy is a J. Crew exclusive! J. Crew has sold Essie polishes for a while now, but they've always been pre-existing colours. The lovely people at J. Crew would pick a few to coordinate with their current collection - they even had mini packs of their 4 picks! But now the collaboration seems to have gone ever further, and J. Crew has two exclusive colours out for the first time ever - Peepshow (a bright coral - reminds me of One of a Kind or Cute as a Button maybe?) and Milky Way (my new favourite). See them on their site here.

Milky Way...


A quick shot from the lab...


And I thought you might be interested in the label!


I've completely fallen for this gorgeous camel colour. I wasn't sure about it initially, but it totally grew on me and now I'm head-over-heels. I wore it for 5 days and it wore just as well as my HG polish for wear, Essie Mink Muffs. Like non-stick coating on a pan! I really can't tell you how much I loved wearing this. I was sad to take it off after 5 days! It felt so chic. It reminded me of toffee and my mother's camel coat and went beautifully with everything I wore. Needless to say, I highly recommend you check it out!

It reminds me of OPI San Tan-tonio, but I don't have that to compare. The OPI seems a bit yellower?

Will you be checking out the J Crew exclusives? I'm going to have my eyes peeled for their next seasons offerings!

kittytokaren


Like this? Click below to let us know!

12 comments:

Honey_lili said...

Oh I love this one, it's the perfect neutral.It remind me a little bit of Orly - Country Club Khaki which is maybe a bit darker. Take care and have a nice week-end

Stephanie said...

That looks pretty. I'm interested in the coral. God, I love J. Crew. If I could afford it I would buy the shit out of their clothes. They had a velvet blazer back in the fall that was so gorgeous...

GaboRousseau said...

Wow this is a great neutral!

Arrianne said...

Gorgeous! Now I want it...

KimsKie's Nails said...

Very beautiful colour! Reminds me a bit of hot chocolate! :)

Love,
Kim

http://kimskienails.blogspot.com

Lacquer Addicts Anonymous said...

Really fancy color! It's a little bit taupe like OPI's You don't know Jacques!

kittytokaren said...

@Honey_lilli - I think its warmer than CCK but definitely in that vein! I hope you're having a lovely weekend as well - I really am!

@Stephanie - Yes check out the coral! I really always love the colours that J Crew picks!

@Gabrielle - I agree!

@Arrianne - Scoop it up before next season arrives!

@KimsKie's Nails - A little bit yes :) It's warmer/yellower toned I think.

@Lacquer Addicts - Ah maybe my picture was misleading. It's really not taupe at all. It's a warm camel colour, not really any grey in there.

k2k

vmatz said...

My boyfriend works at J.Crew and is fully aware about my affinity for polish so he surprised me with Peepshow!! I have Cute as a Button as well and they are VERY similar, but Peepshow is a jelly and is a shade more pink. Love Milky Way on you! You might have just sold me on it. :)

תמר said...

love!
i have mink muffs..just wondering their totally different right? cause on my pale skin mink muffs is a brown like a medium brown. can you compare maybe?
thanks
Tamar.

Normal Girl Nails said...

ughhhh I want these so bad, but am having trouble justifying the shipping costs! Of course, no J.Crew here! Thank you for the lemming! ;)

kittytokaren said...

@Valerie - OOhh Peepshow sounds lovely!

@Tamar - Mink Muffs is definitely brown when compared to this. Milky Way looks MUCH lighter and is more tan...much more yellow toned. Think of it like this - if Mink Muffs is chocolate, then Milky Way is caramel!

@Normal Girl - Are you on MUA? Some people have Milky Way up for swap on there!

k2k

Lucy said...

That is one pretty color! I love all of the deep colors but still fall for the neutrals. I used to have a favorite neutral during the late 1980's. I wore the hell out of it. Revlon's Sante Fe Sand was the shade. I emailed Revlon to ask if they had a dupe to it. All they sent me back was information to buy the latest collection. No satisfaction there. I used to get so many compliments on it. Wish I still had it. I have quite a few polishes that I bought to try to match it. No luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails