Sunday, October 16, 2011

OPI Black Onyx and another watch...


I really do have a watch problem. But this one wasn't spendy. I got this in the summer on mega clearance at Macy's (plus another 20% off coupon! POW!). It looked like it was something that someone had returned, as it wasn't a model they were currently selling, and the price tag was just a jankity receipt stapled around the band. I inspected it fully and there were no scratches, so it seemed new. And I love it. And it looks great with a black mani.


OPI Black Onyx is my current favourite black creme. It's darker and inkier than Essie Licorice, and covers more easily. I think all black can look really elegant and classic, especially on shorter nails! Plus I can finally say "yes" when one of my someone invariably asks "is that black nail polish?". I get asked this every time I wear something even semi-dark. Someone even asked me that when I wore Metro Chic once. Umm...what?

What do you think of black nails - stagnant & stuck in the 90s or chic & oh-so modern?

kittytokaren


Like this? Click below to let us know!

13 comments:

Makeup Junkien said...

i think the right choice of clothes, makeup etc will make it look modern, or whatever you want with the look you are going with (:.. hope you got my point, caused my poor english lol.

Sarah Kesler said...

Black polish is definitely a good look, simple but edgy. Plus '90s fashion (at least the kind that went with black polish) was awesome.

Elaine said...

Love the black polish AND the watch!

Naomi said...

I love black polish, it's great on short nails--mine are even shorter than yours. Sometimes I like to switch it up by using a matte topcoat, to give it a sleek rubbery Euro sci-fi finish.

Alaina said...

Thumbs up for black polish. Great watch, too. :)

Mayara Ferreira said...

Esmaltes pretos são realmente lindos e modernos. Simplesmente AMO.
Sempre que penso em um esmalte mais escuro, aposto em um preto.
Beijos

http://naondadosesmaltes.blogspot.com/

Alex said...

Wow that is a really nice watch!!
I need to own OPI Black Onyx.. It's been on my list forever! I agree that black polish looks better on shorter nails.

Lucy said...

Love the watch. Nice to get great deals. Black polish is a classic like red polish is. It always looks perfect.

Grace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grace said...

I think black polish looks chic and modern on short nails, but the application has to be *perfect* - smooth lines and super shiny. Obviously yours is gorgeous!

I only have Essie Licorice, but maybe I'll look into this one if you prefer it over the Essie. I typically only wear black as a winter pedi, when I can't be bothered to change my pedi color every time I change my mani, but I can't stand to have it clash, either.

The Lacquered Lady said...

I'm still not on the black polish bandwagon, but I do love just off black polishes - like the dark dark blues and the dark dark purples that are almost, but not quite black.

beachgal said...

I am one of the man that cannot wear a black polish. It just looks really bad on me. I need an ever so light topper or a tish of red or blue to it. But of the many blacks I have tried, this OPI one is my fav. I use it as a base for a lot of lighter toppers.

graphton said...

I like the watch, and the polish! I noticed you said that you collect watches? I do too! How many do you have? I have........724!!!! I've never come across anyone that claims to be a collector!

Related Posts with Thumbnails