Monday, March 26, 2012

China Glaze Luxe and Lush





One coat over two coats of OPI Midnight in Moscow. MIM is actually one of my favourites so I took some bottle pictures so you can see the hidden red shimmer - it reminds me of Teasy Does It from burlesque. I also got Riveting and Harvest Moon from the Hunger Games collection. I've not read the books, but I intend to, when I get through my current 'junk food' reading material (Legend of Drizzt, stolen from the boyfriend...).



I really couldn't get the colours to show up as nicely as they do in real life - it shifts from red to yellow to green. However, it is a PIG to remove. I scrubbed, I foiled, I scrubbed again. I'll have to be in a brave mood to wear this again.

In other film collection related news, I've just discovered that OPI are releasing a dupe for peridot as part of the spiderman collection - YAY! I was so gutted to miss it last summer, but OPI is much easier to get my hands on so I am looking forward to scoring myself a bottle

Like this? Click below to let us know!

9 comments:

Fashion Footing said...

I love this polish. I actually liked quite a few from this entire collection!

Niki said...

i have this top coat and i LOVE IT!!! i used it last week and it was soo cool! i want to put some over a light blue and make it look very icy!

auroragyps said...

I haven't read The Hunger Games books either, but I don't plan to. However, I have read all but some of the latest Drizzt books & I enjoyed them, so I hope you like them too. You're right, they're a guilty pleasure, as are most RL novels.

Lucy said...

Oooh this is so nice :-)

beachgal said...

I have this one from the collection and also immediately had to have Riveting and thinking I need another bottle of Riveting. I am blown away with it. When a shade hits me like this one has, I will wear it for years long after folks have forgotten what it is. Even when brights for fingers go by-by - Riveting still will be a great toe shade. It's going to be hard to get it off my toes this summer I am sure.

The Lacquer Tracker said...

Ohh, Luxe and Lush looks incredible over this... I've seen it fizzle over other very dark/blackened colours, but this is stunning. I'll have to try this!

Leisel said...

Thanks for mentioning the removal issue. I had initially not wanted it, because I think the pieces are too big and don't seem to lay down on the nail... but the more swatches I'd see, the more I was wavering. I have really, really dry hands and cuticles, and no matter how much cuticle treatment and lotion I use, The skin on the site of my nails will turn hard and make hangnails and have to be cut off. I can only imagine such a rough removal would cause me some serious problems in that department, so now I'm leaning back towards probably skipping it.

How close in overall appearance do you think this is to the traditional orange/green flakie, like Essie and Sally Hansen and Nubar and Finger Paints? Is it fairly similar, or very different?

Unknown said...

China Glaze also looks to be releasing a Peridot dupe sometime later this year (fall collection maybe? a duochrome collection).

Grace Thomas said...

Sorry the delay in responding!

Niki - I bet that would look amazing, actually! Must try it!

auroragyps - I quite like the Drizzt books. They're not war and peace but I like fantasy.

bachgal - I too had Riveting on my toes. So pretty!

Leisel - yes, it is a total beast to remove. It's more tinsel-like than normal flakies, if that makes sense? The pieces are more defined.

Unknown - thanks! Either OPI or CG would do me for sure...

Related Posts with Thumbnails