Thursday, May 17, 2012

THEME WEEK - My Favorite Nude :)


My collection of nude polishes is quite... sad. Even with all the polishes I have! I did purchase a lot recently from the recent Zoya Earth Day promo because I feel as if I would need some more work safe polishes as I will foray deeper into the world of lawyers... But I do have a favorite! I think I discovered it from someone's recommendation many many moons ago. It's Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Cafe au Lait. It used to be more mannequin hand on me but I like it anyway! 






I love the shimmer in it, too. Keeps it interesting :D

And of course, I added glitter on top. Lynnderella polishes are so beautiful but need to be layered on top... I had tried a black lace sort of look with a nude polish and black glitter (LA Girls Uninhibited) before, so I wanted to try the white version this time :)



This is 2 coats of Lynnderella Love, Lace and Lilacs on top of Sally Hansen Cafe au Lait. So delicate and pretty :D

Every try nudes below a glitter without an opaque base? Try it!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

4 comments:

Lipsticky said...

I usually just put white below a glitter but using a nude like this adds a nice warmth!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the Lynnderella over the nude! So light and dainty!

beachgal said...

I also like to use sparse glitters over nudes.

minnie said...

@OPInionated - yeah, I usually use black or white but in this case, the nude works nicely!

@Bethany -- it wasn't the sparkly kind of glitter that I usually enjoy but it was still really fun and interesting to look at :D

@beachgal -- it's like having it over the bare nail, without the fuss of a nail line and (slightly) yellowed nails (hazard of having nail polish on all the time!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails