Saturday, September 22, 2012

A very calm frenzy - Chanel Frenzy



I don't know if "Frenzy" was really the right name for this polish...

Chanel Frenzy is actually quite a sedate colour, but truly lovely. It's a light taupe that verges on the precipice of being a jelly. It has neither too much brown nor too much grey, and once on the nail, the effect is supremely elegant.

(Apologies - my fingers did not look this red in reality - the morning sun played some tricks!)



Is this polish worth the Chanel price tag? Probably not. But now that I have it, I honestly don't want to let it go. Frenzy will probably make quite a few appearances on my nails in years to come, especially in moments where I want to look professional, neat and groomed, yet still modern. A classic, but not worth going bananas over! I would probably judge it less harshly if it has a more appropriate name...

Does Frenzy get you all worked up?

kittytokaren

Like this? Click below to let us know!

9 comments:

scReamViolenc3 said...

It is very pretty and professional. I agree about the name, it makes me judge it instead of enjoying it for what it is. If I were to ever buy a Chanel polish, this probably wouldn't be it. Still, it looks wonderful on you! (And makes me want to break out "Berlin there, Done That"! XD)

Nina said...

I'm wearing Vertigo at the moment :)

Grace said...

Pretty, but I'll make do with one of the dozen or so greiges already in my stash. I happened upon Essie Gym Dandy and Yogaga last night and actually left them where I found them (for once). I'd been looking for them all over and once I saw them in person I just couldn't justify it. Someone should check hell for ice because I think I might finally have ENOUGH GREIGE in my stash!

Sunshine Rose said...

Totally agree regarding the name haha! I haven't got this yet but I do think I will, I can never have enough nudey polishes!

Piff said...

i love this! *prays for a knock off asap*

Polished Marvels said...

I agree completely with you but its very pretty on you. I caved and bought it when I received a discount voucher. On less corporate days, I will use it as base for some of my pale glitters or if I want a stand-out accent nail - I think I remeber you are not overly into glitter.....

L.A. Ex-Pat said...

I bought it this weekend. AND it looks like a dupe for the old formula Essie Jazz! I couldn't open the bottle and didn't have time to fuss, but it is exactly like an old Este Lauder that was a dupe for Jazz. I found Jazz when I moved into my house and consolidated what was at my apartment/mom's/thenboyfriend-nowhusband's place. It's got to be about 12 years old. I know I went through two bottles off it back in the day. It's an expensive dupe, but sad when I saw you report that the new formula was different, and never bothered to replace my old one.

L.A. Ex-Pat said...

I bought it this weekend. AND it looks like a dupe for the old formula Essie Jazz! I couldn't open the bottle and didn't have time to fuss, but it is exactly like an old Este Lauder that was a dupe for Jazz. I found Jazz when I moved into my house and consolidated what was at my apartment/mom's/thenboyfriend-nowhusband's place. It's got to be about 12 years old. I know I went through two bottles off it back in the day. It's an expensive dupe, but sad when I saw you report that the new formula was different, and never bothered to replace my old one.

Ariadne Elise said...

Piff -- michelle1218 on You Tube has a video about a dead-on dupe for "Frenzy". It's 10 Professional Lacquer in #458 "Moonlight" which you can get at CVS. I ran out & got "Moonlight" & I really love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails