Saturday, September 29, 2012

Revlon Grape Fizz



Revlon Grape Fizz is part of the limited collection of fruit scented polishes released last year. The particles in this are somewhere in between glass flecks and flakies in size... I'd classify them as flakies. Most of the shades require quite a few layers, but applying them over a creme works well. I layered Grape Fizz over a black creme - the black really brings out the different flakie colours. It's mainly medium purple and blueish-purple flakies, with a bit of red in there.

The polish starts to smell like artificial grape bubble gum almost as soon as it hits the nail - it's a nice change from butyl acetate! The scent hangs around for a few days too. I personally love the smell (it's kind of nostalgic), but if you don't, this polish is really not for you!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Stunning on you!!

Aly MaiSenzaSmalto said...

It looks great on you, I regret skipping it when I found this collection (I bought five of them anyway, but wasn't sure about the artificial grape smell of this one).

beachgal said...

I don't usually pay too much attention to Revlon polish and where I live we don't get special collections in always. But this part of last yr's scented group (the Fizzes) I really went nuts for and even got some dupes. I am not big on glitter but I like these. My favs and ones I tend to go back to a lot are Grapefruit Fizz (a med pink) and Pina Colada (or maybe it's called Colada - forgetting here) - it looks like an aqua blue in the bottle but goes on the nail a bit different - kind of blue, kind of a little iridescent at times. I don't use the orange and yellow ones much. Did not seem these were around my area very long. They went right into some other scented ones for summer 2011 that were frosty opaques. I don't think any of them smell like anything but polish smell!

Danisha said...

Very pretty shade! But I can't stand the scented polish :(

Robin Storesund said...

I have the Orange Fizz and Pineapple Fizz but haven't tried them yet. I like the idea of layering them!

Kelly @ Nails for the Sake of Sanity said...

Very pretty! I passed up on these, but after seeing it over black I think I might need to pick this one up! :]

Sa said...

I have this sitting in my stash but haven't worn it yet. It looks great over black so I might try this as well :)

Nailmattic said...

Grape Soda please!!

Unknown said...

Scented really is love-it-or-hate-it! :) All the Fizzes I've seen are stunning over black, as well as with matching underwear... not so exciting over white though.

Vita said...

Why oh why didn't I buy this? I'm on a discount store hunt now!!

Ami said...

Beautiful color.

Related Posts with Thumbnails