Thursday, June 27, 2013

Liquid Sand dotticure



I'm not a massive fan of creme liquid sands - they look kind of lumpy and plastic to me (unlike the shimmers, which I generally love to death). So I've decided to try using them for nail art... and surprisingly, I really like the result. Win!


The base is OPI Keeping Suzi at Bay, a deep dark blue - it's my favourite out of all the cremes from the upcoming San Francisco collection (click for my original swatches). I dotted over it with OPI Wharf! Wharf! Wharf! which is slightly darker. I didn't really enjoy wearing it as a full mani (see the liquid sand swatches here), but this was completely different.


I'm looking forward to trying out a similar thing with OPI It's All San Andreas's Fault, the other creme liquid sand from the collection, in the hopes that it'll also grow on me.

What do you think of creme liquid sands? Yay or nay? Fad or innovation?

Like this? Click below to let us know!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree .. I'm not into the 'sugar' nail polishes .. they are lumpy, grainy and not attractive on the nails (in my opinion). Love what you did with the circles .. now that's an interesting way to use those grainy nail polishes.

Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

Unknown said...

I didn't love the liquid sands polishes when I tried them, even the shimmers just looked wrong on my nails to me, but I love these dots. They reminded me of those felt polka dots.

Mana
Fashion and Happy Things

UKNailRunner said...

This looks fantastic! I'm not crazy about the textured polishes, but I did get a couple to try.............. so I'm going to have a go with this idea too!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! :) It's the only way I can think of to use up my creme sands! Hopefully I can think of some more ideas soon.

Deborah - Love. Varnish, chocolate and more... said...

I love these dots! So much fun!

Play Bazaar said...

Mehfil bhi royegi har dil bhi royega
Dubi Jo meri kasti sahil bhi royega satta king
Satta King
Play Bazaar

Related Posts with Thumbnails