Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lab Muffin's Top 13 Polishes of 2013 Part 1: Mainstream and Boutique Brands


2013 was a big year of swatching for me, and it was the year where I think Australian indie polishes really blossomed. It was very difficult to pick just 13 polishes that I loved, but I certainly tried! I limited myself to one polish per brand only, and to polishes that I discovered in 2013 (though they weren't necessarily released last year). Here we go, with the mainstream and boutique (i.e. small company but not hand-mixed) picks...


First, I obviously have to mention my collaboration shade, piCture pOlish Ultra Violence. The literary amongst you will know that the name is inspired by Anthony Burgess's book A Clockwork Orange. I love the holo iridescent glitter against the rich purple! I've included a bottle of Ultra Violence in my 2nd blogiversary giveaway here.


I blogged about the stunningly pretty Pretty Serious BSOD here earlier. What happened next was that while wearing it, my laptop did actually have a heart-stopping BSOD moment, in the middle of thesis-writing! Luckily I didn't lose anything, but Kaz was too sweet, and in her usual above-and-beyond customer service style, she sent me a few polishes to dull the pain.


OPI Keeping Suzi At Bay is a gorgeous blue creme that is both interesting and elegant. It may be my favourite creme shade ever. I think dark blue is actually quite work safe, but definitely not boring.


ulta3 Triple Threat was a big surprise for me. This is a complex holo glitter jelly that's indie-worthy, but comes at the ridiculously budget-friendly price of $2.


Orly Digital Glitter is one of my top 5 Orly polishes, ever. I usually think of Orly as a brand which does salon-friendly classic polishes well, but whenever they come out with something a bit different it's usually ridiculously cool (Fowl Play! Space Cadet!). I love the unlikely brown/purple/red combination - it's a bit steampunk in my opinion, and makes me think of Neal Stephenson novels. To top it off, the purple shimmer is duochrome.

I will be back soon with some of my indie picks of 2013 - hold onto your wallets!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

6 comments:

Justyna said...

Georgeus!

Unknown said...

ulta3 Triple Threat is AMAZING! And only $2? Why would anyone buy high end nail polishes?

Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

Sattakingin said...


satta king

satta king

satta Matka Keep track of what people online think about your business.

nestocean said...

Upcoming Bank Exams
Upcoming Government Exams
Upcoming Government Jobs
list of competitive exams for government jobs
government jobs 10th pass open now

Wedding invitation videos said...

While wedding invitation videos have become a popular trend among brides, Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos
Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online some people don't know why they should hire professionals for such an important job.

explainer video production company said...

Our videos are interactive, instantly engaging and help you establish credibility and trust. With over 10 years' experience in the industry, we've helped many companies like yours - some well-known names among them - increase their exposure and grow their reach with engaging videos that make a real impact on your audience. Explainer Video Production Company
Best Explainer Video Production Company

Related Posts with Thumbnails