So here's the game I play regularly with my swatch photos:
Phase 1: take photos.
Phase 2: decide to not upload them until I get a whole bunch.
Phase 3: upload them, select the ones I want to use, crop them.
Phase 4 (usually two weeks after uploading them): regret not LABELING the photos with the names of the polishes.
Phase 5: spend hours trying to match polish pic with polish name... which is especially a challenge with 500+ polishes... and the fact that I do swap/sell somewhat regularly so by the time I get around to labeling the photos, I may not even have the polish anymore.
Phase 6: give up on ID'ing those photos and just take photos of other polishes and immediately upload and label those. Swear to myself I'll always be that vigilant.
Phase 7: Go back to old habits. Rinse, repeat.
As a result, I have about 40 unlabeled photos (in about 1000) of polishes taken awhile back but that I can't post them because I've been a slacker. Also, some were taken half a year ago when I was barely above nubbin (the last few weeks of my first year of grad school included a lot of nail biting) so they barely look like my nails. Witness:
Okay, they're a tiny bit more than nubbin. But not by much. Pretty sure I gave this polish away. FingerPaints website is a pain and a half for accurate representations of their colors. Am I ever going to figure out what this somewhat ordinary pink with gold shimmer is? Is it worth my time? And then I always get paranoid about being wrong: I don't want to say this is one polish when it might be another.
This is typical flinty-esque slacker behavior. The slacking off that happens early on inevitably extends the process of doing things later. I do this with my research too. I run analyses and fail to label my output and graphs and then have to work backwards weeks later to figure out WTF I did. Me and my sucky habits. I'd have so much more time if I just do things when I'm supposed to do them.
Anyway, the reason I went on this whole long thing is because I just went through the process of backtracking to figure out what this polish was: man, I'm inefficient! I did this swatch a month ago. Looking at the time-stamp has convinced me that this was the mystery hot pink polish (actually, hot coral pink) that I was under my Amour Rain Glitter swatch: these current photos were taken on Thursday, October 15th at 2:32pm and the Rain Glitter photos were taken on the same day at 2:37pm.
BB Couture Tropical Sunset
Like I said, hot coral pink creme. Practically neon and a little more corally than it appears in this photo. As with most BB Coutures, application was easy-breezy and the above was two coats (how dumb is it that I remember how many coats I used but I don't remember the names of the polishes?). I'd rather it as a pedi shade personally since I'm not much for neon-ish pinks on my tips (let's face it, I'm not much for neon-ish pinks anywhere) but for those who like this color family, it's a great polish.
You should once a week post one of your old no label swatches and see if we can figure out what it is. Ok I know my lack of a life is showing, but it's fun to try and figure out what is what! Hello my name is Andrea and I'm a dork!
ReplyDeleteI love Evil Angel's idea! It would be a lot of fun to guess the colors of your unlabeled photos!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Evil Angel on this, too.
ReplyDeleteI think the FP polish is Pink Imagination... which is similar to OPI's Princess's Rule! I hope that helps! ^.^
Maybe you should take a closeup of the name on the polish bottle. It might jog your memory. Love BB Couture polish. Nice hot color that looks lovely on you. I can imagine this as a pedicure.
ReplyDelete