Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Many, many pictures of OPI Rally Pretty Pink


I spent most of the three days I wore this staring at my nails. Staring at them indoors, staring at the outdoors, staring at them during the day, staring at them during the night... and taking photos of most of that process.

OPI Rally Pretty Pink (outdoors in direct sunlight)



(outdoors in indirect sunlight)


(indoors in lightbox)


(indoors, indoor lighting, no flash)

I never thought I'd ever go so nutty over a pink shimmer! But it's so much more than just a pink
shimmer. It's a ton of gold foil (and green shimmer, perhaps?... though that might just be a trick of the light) suspended with a pink-purple jelly that can look like a slightly dusty magenta or a really rich red-leaning purple, depending on light and angle. Three coats -- could've used a fourth because it's jelly and the more you put on, the more shimmer you get! But three coats was sufficient. There was no color that it looked like "most of the time" (hence the many photos in different types of lighting situations). So changeable, so lovely. It sparkles so hard, it burns.


Like this? Click below to let us know!

6 comments:

greeneyespinknails said...

Very intersting color. Looks great on you!

Greeneyespinknails

beachgal said...

I went nuts over this shade too...but one thing I found was I wanted it to flash less of a solid gold all over the nail in some angles/lighting than it does. When I got the Zoya Sunshine collection and discovered that Faye is really a dupe for Rally Pink but without that total surface of gold in some lighting/angles, I was tons happier. Faye has a more even distribution of seeing the gold, pink and lavender in it. Both are great, but I am giving away my back up bottles I bought of Rally Pink and only keeping one now that I really love Faye. Also I find Fay is more refined in it's over all mix of the shimmer/glitter in it. But then I am not surprised at that since Zoya is a pro at that kind of finish.

Katy said...

I'm wearing this color right now actually! I've been staring at my nails all day! L-O-V-E this color

Susy said...

It looks gorgeous! I would stare at my nails all day too! :)

Katie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Lucy said...

This is a fascinating shade. Love it and must have it. Dangerous polish to wear when driving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails