Sunday, September 9, 2012

Winmax Delicia #12


For those of you who aren't yet infected with the highly contagious disease that is Japanese 100¥ stores, proceed with caution!

I first discovered these black holes of time and money on a trip to Tokyo. They offer cheap and chic... well, everything - slippers, lunch boxes, umbrellas, costumes, and most relevantly, cosmetics - at a flat rate. Unfortunately, I recently discovered that a late-night branch of Daiso had opened up next to a train station I frequent 3 nights a week. While the standard price of $2.80 is a far cry from the $1.25 that 100¥ works out to be, it's a low enough price that I sometimes catch myself buying stuff just for the lulz, which is not conducive to a student budget. Alas! But the nail polish selection is generally quite interesting, if a bit heavy on the fairy princess with shimmer and iridescence.

This is Winmax Delicia #12. It's a fine iridescent glitter dispersed in a black base, and the least frou-frou in the series. In the bottle it looks amazing, but it's disappointingly sheer, more of a topcoat than anything. The iridescence is amazing though, and layering over a black creme gives a good approximation of how it looks in the bottle, kind of hard to see the shimmer unless you enlarge it:


I'm a little in love with the iridescence, and I'd buy more if the other Delicias weren't shimmery and pastel, and positively sweet Lolita.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

4 comments:

YennySweeps said...

Delicia #12 is beautiful. I saw a very similar polish at Rite Aid the other day. I didn't get it because I wasn't sure how it would look, but I might go try it now. Thanks for this swatch.

The Lacquer Tracker said...

Gorgeous- I'd love to check some of these out. Guess I'll have to plan a trip to Tokyo!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous dark shade - Delicia #12 is on my wishlist!

Snowydrops said...

Oh, my gosh! I had to comment: Daiso. I live in Singapore where the Daiso's are HUGE. I haven't checked out the nail polish but most of my home office organization comes from there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails