Monday, August 10, 2009

NOTD: China Glaze Let's Groove



This was my first attempt at using a polish from China Glaze's Retro Diva collection, it's an amazing deep shimmery purple that positively glows! It's hard to think with how much I love purple that I'm seriously lacking in the purple shimmer department. The polish itself was a bit thick, but applied smooth and easily - China Glaze have always been problem children for me, so I wonder if their formula is improving.

I have a love/hate relationship with China Glaze, and this polish was NO exception. The color is gorgeous and the shimmer is amazing, but I prefer my manicures to last at least two days - preferably more in the three to five range. For me, the wear on their polishes is just UNACCEPTABLE - they chip in less than 24 hours no matter what base coat I use! I've already touched up this manicure twice today and I've only showered and watched cartoons. My Orly Enchanted Forest manicure had fewer chips in it after moving! One thing I am thankful for is this particular China Glaze actually dried on me, as many do not. I just can't kick them, their colors are so spectacular I keep coming back for more.

Next time I wear China Glaze I'm going to try completely skipping base coat thanks to a MUAer's advice! I'll report back with my findings. If you're one of the lucky ones that China Glaze works for - GET THIS COLOR.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

1 comments:

daydream222 said...

I have the exact same issues with ChG. I have found that using Nubar Diamont can help with the drying issues (literally NONE of my ChG's EVER dried on me until I started using Diamont) but nothing really helps with the chipping. :( I have found that using Revlon Extra Life No Chip t/c under Diamont can extent the life of a ChG mani by approximately a day and a half.

Related Posts with Thumbnails