Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Saturday!!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I haven't seen the sun for almost 5 days now and I feel like I'm racing against daylight to get a good capture of my nails. In addition, I experienced two really tragic breaks since the last time I posted. I actually left my nails in that awful state and only painted them once since then. Yesterday I finally filed all my nails down to nubbins and gave them some extra care. They're so short and haven't been this short in such a long time, that it feels weird typing and at first they even hurt!! So I'm posting a back logged nail of the day. Essie Greenport:



This is from their North Fork collection released this past spring. Definitely a unique shade from Essie. Lately, Essie's formula has gotten better!! I've always liked their brushes, but sometimes they suck at opacity. Here it is shown with two coats over a base and topped with Nubar Diamont. These muted, dusty shades have been popular for a while now and is perfect for days when I want to feel chic, and not too overstated. Looking at my past manis makes me miss my long nails very very much and hope that they grow back quickly!


Like this? Click below to let us know!

8 comments:

Papaya Bunny said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who had that problem with Essie... I remember in particular loving the color of Huckle Buckle but hating that it took me four coats and it was a still slightly sheer.

Paige said...

That is a lovely color!

Jodes said...

I love this colour x

Unknown said...

I love the color and your nails are amazing! *dies of jealousy*

Liss said...

It's a gorgeous colour, I have a dusty pink but had never seen a dusty blue before.

I hope your nails grow back quickly too, it can be heartbreaking to spend so long growing them only to have them break. Mine have never been as long as yours, so I can imagine how much it bothered you xx

Hello Adrienne said...

@Papaya Bunny
try layering Huckle buckle over a color that is similar to the base. I've never used Huckle buckle, but when i look at it and notice its pearly quality I always put it back down fearing that it will be super sheer.

@gildedangel, @Jodie
it really is! I'm glad Essie came out with it

@Evil Angel
ahem! Look who's talking!!!!!!!

@Small Town Gal
If you're interested in dusty bluish/greenish polishes, also check out Misa Dirty Sexy Money. They are very similar, but I feel that the Misa is more dusty. I can't wait for my nails to grow back to this length, it'll prob take 2-3 weeks for me :(

nihrida said...

I've been waiting to see your nails. :) I love them! And that color looks great on you.

Lucy said...

So sorry for your breaks. I love this shade of polish. When I wore it I couldn't stop staring at my nails. I really loved it. Looks beautiful on you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails