Sunday, November 15, 2009

NOTD Lippmann Happy Birthday + Essie Matte About You


I'm going to make a major decision this week. After learning that all of the PhD programs I am interested in have application deadlines that take place BEFORE my first semester of graduate school ends (and thus I would still not have a "real" transcript yet with any information on it OR any completed papers that I would want to submit as a writing sample), I am considering extending my Masters program by a semester (so I'd graduate in Dec of 2010 rather than August of 2010). I'm nervous and scared about this since my main plan was to get my Masters done in a year but I also don't want to send in half-assed PhD applications that jeopardize my chances of getting in a doctoral program. *sigh* More money in student loans.

Anyway, I decided to mattify Lippmann Happy Birthday to see what it looked like. LOVE!


Flash.


Then my index finger on my right hand chipped, so I decided to paint it with OPI La Paz-itively Pink Matte, but for some reason I just can't get the hang of applying matte polishes. I guess I have too slow of application. After 4 coats of gloopiness, I just added a coat of Diamont and it fixed it. This is my right hand which is why the pictures are so awkward (since I'm right-handed and had to shoot it with my left hand).





Thanks for reading!!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

4 comments:

Paige said...

I love it matte! I have to extend my undergrad a semester if it makes you feel any better!

Sara: said...

OMG I neeeeed Lippmann HB, looks perhaps even more stunning matte. Why, oh why, is it so hard to get in Sweden. :(

Jodes said...

Stop teasing with the Happy Birthday!!!!!! I want it so badly!
xxxx

Lucy said...

I ordered this and I'm waiting for it. I kept seeing it and loved it more each time I saw it. I would do an extension. You'll have extra time. Just don't procrastinate!

Related Posts with Thumbnails