Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Goldie swatches, Part II of II


This post includes the worst Goldie polish in the set... and the absolute best. I think I've found my new favorite dark blue shimmer! (I guess I didn't have an old favorite dark blue shimmer but this one just mesmerized me. I would've paid the whole $7.99 just for this one polish.)

Goldie #4
Don't look at this one. I made a mess of this one. Plain hot pink jelly/creme. A bit too sheer and a tad too watery (very hard to control). Three coats.

Goldie #5


Deep auburn with gold shimmer. Has a slight dusty purplish cast to it in low lights but in stronger, more direct light, the gold shimmer just pops! Actually, a very pretty rendition of what I think of as an ordinary color.

And saving the best for last...

Goldie #6




Deep blue with bright blue (and very little purple) microglitter. Applied super easily, took three coats. This is a polish you HAVE to see in person to really appreciate. It TWINKLES. Even when you hold your hand still, the microglitter just twinkles merrily away. Maybe I had already applied too many polishes and had been around too many fumes by the time I got to this one but I just thought it magical. :)

Video of Goldie #6
I don't usually post videos of microglitters but you gotta see the twinkling!


Like this? Click below to let us know!

5 comments:

Anneli said...

Ooh, I really like that blue one. :)

Unknown said...

even though you said the consistency is poor, Goldie #4 looks gorgeous. But #6 is just AMAZING!! wow!!

do they still sell these at Bath and Body Works, or do you buy them somewhere else? I have a couple (somewhere...) that I got years ago at BBW, but I've never seen them elsewhere.

amusedPolish said...

the blue one looks like a little stunner already- i wonder how it'll look in person :)

Paige said...

Ooo, I love that blue color!

Unknown said...

I would love to get a bottle of the blue one...please tell me where I can find it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails