Friday, January 29, 2010

Old swatch: Diamond Cosmetics Silver Brocade


Or "Why I Think Brushstrokes Can Be Awesome."

Diamond Cosmetics Silver Brocade



I don't do nearly enough swatches of cheap thrill nail polishes these days... so to atone for that, here's one that had been laying neglected in my untrieds box. This one is a real stunner! Everyone always gets all irritated by brushstrokes in metallic polishes but this is one where I think the brushstrokes make the polish: otherwise, it'd be like any other bright silvery polish. I love the textured finish! Two coats. As with most Diamond Cosmetics polishes I've tried, it went on very easily. This one was a two coater and it looked awesome going on, like molten metal.


Like this? Click below to let us know!

7 comments:

Paige said...

That is a gorgeous silver!

Zoƫ said...

I'd love to see what this looks like with a top coat - and as a matte!

Anonymous said...

This is an old post? It's actuallity is right there, after Chanel's fashion show: every model was wearing silver. Or holo. Who knows. This really suits the brush-strokes, though. :)

Unknown said...

I like it..its like brushed silver...beautiful! I'd love to this this with a top coat.

mKat said...

This is a beautiful silver. For some reason I'm wondering what it looks like matte. And/or used for Konad.

:)

flinty said...

gildedangel: thanks!

Toxin, Jackie, mKat: I'll try to do a post sometime using it and a regular topcoat and a matte topcoat!

lacquermanic: I do a lot of swatching at once so this swatch was actually probably from about a month ago, which is why I called it old. :)

Unknown said...

Love the polish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails