Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CND Amethyst Sparkle


You know when you buy something simply because Everyone Else is buying something, and then you realize that they were buying it because it is AMAZING?

Enter CND Effects Amethyst Sparkle:



Well, hello there, my love! You are a light dusting of purple shimmer AND I LOVE YOU.

This is Amethyst Sparkle over Ulta's Smoke Screen, and I have to tell you, this was one of my favorite combinations EVER. Gaze into the shimmer, my friends -



I tried this CND Effect over a metallic and you could barely see it, but over a dark creme? Hello, nurse. What I think I liked the most about this polish was it's mullet-like effect on my nails. What does that mean, you might ask? Well, some describe a mullet (short hair in the front of the head, long in the back, also known as "The Kentucky Waterfall") as "business in the front and a party in the back," and that is exactly what this was on my nails - all business and professional from a distance, but under examination, POW! A party. I wore it to a Board of Trustees meeting and loved every minute of it.

Go get yourself some mullet nails.

Happy day, all!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

9 comments:

Aurora's Nails said...

Interesting color...it reminds me of Color Club Positively Posh, only with shimmer and more purple :)

Trincess said...

I did a similar manicure using Essie Smokin' Hot and Zoya Vegas Freeze =) Isn't it gorgeous? =)

Jamie said...

Gorgeous! The shimmer adds just enough drama.

Silva said...

Lol, mullet. I like this version of the mullet way more than the real deal XD

KarenD said...

Great combination! I've used Orly Love Each Other over brown to similar effect.

Lucy said...

I've never heard of a mullet described in such a colorful fashion. That is too funny! I didn't get what was so great about this till I enlarged the photo. It is gorgeous. This will go down on my list to buy.

tasha~ said...

Wow that is gorgeous!Kinda like Paradxoal a little =D

Anonymous said...

LOVE this color!!

Great blog, now following :)

Black Ink Vintage xx
http://blackinkvintage.blogspot.com

Jenny$1983 said...

I did a similar thing with the CND Effects, and I now have something of an addiction ... in particular, my last several manicures have included the Silver Sparkling Holiday shade ... it just looks so damn good over everything, I can't help myself... :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails