Friday, February 11, 2011

Stick It On! - Sally Hansen Nail Effects in Cut It Out


There's been huge buzz about the Sally Hansen Nail Effects polish strips lately - they've been popping up in drugstores all over the country and nail-obsessed people and 'civilians' alike have been quizzing me about them!

I purchased 3 - Laced Up (black lace on a nude background), Girl Flower (multi-colored flowers), and Cut It Out (black and white flowers). Initially I was going to go for Laced Up, but I went with my gut feeling at the moment - Cut It Out. extraH just made it look so good in her initial post about these!

Unfortunately I was so mesmerized by these, I forgot to take a photo on Day 1!! I was so busy staring at them, that I didn't take a photo until...

Day 3

I have to say, I adored the pattern. I'm not a big nail art person, but this was neutral enough for me to handle. I kept staring at it. Other people did too! I got so many compliments from random strangers.

However what was really important for me was wear time. I managed to keep them on/stay sane until...

Day 7


Looks pretty good except for some growth right? I did get a little chip on my index finger...which was enough to drive me over the edge to remove it. I was also pretty antsy to change my polish!


My take on these? FAB. I have the Girl Flower ones on my toes right now and I'm really loving them. I don't want to subject you to my grotesque foot digits, but suffice to say that after a couple days, they still look great! I think these are a perfect alternative to Minx. To be honest, my Minx experience was short-lived and highly negative. These are cheaper, easier, and last longer. The one downside? There aren't enough patterns that I would feel happy wearing on a daily basis. Sally Hansen - call me up. I have some great ideas for work-appropriate strips!

Speaking of designing your own nail strips...(imagine me wiggling my eyebrows at you right now)...check out our Inque nail design contest!! Aren't finding a pattern you like? Design your own, get them sold by Inque! I can't wait to try the winning design!!

Have you tried nail strips yet? Love it or leave it?

kittytokaren


Like this? Click below to let us know!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, so pretty! I love black and white patterns, they're chic.

Natalie said...

Oh, your nails looks SO pretty! I think I may need to try these myself! :) They look awesome!

nataliesnails.blogspot.com :)

KarenD said...

I am so intrigued by these but keep hesitating when it comes time to buy them. Next time I see them on sale I should just get some already.

Barilla said...

Oh, I really may have to try these. That's a lovely pattern I hadn't seen yet! I can see painting a sheer pink over the top...

extraH said...

I am so glad that you liked these things as much as me! Aren't they ahhhhmazing? The only drawback for me is that they are a bit of a double-edged sword in almost a good way - they cost a good amount so I want them to last long, which they do, but then I hate it when they last so long because I want to change my polish! Ahhh, the ridiculous conflicts that exist in my life.

extraH said...

PS I love that damn design.

Tempera said...

I read your post but could not see if you said weather or not you used a top coat? I am curious to know if the 7 days was with or with out a top coat. Or do you even top coat these?

kittytokaren said...

@Rose - I agree! There is something about black and white that is very appealing! :)

@Natalie - Aww thank you!! :) Checking out your blog btw! ;)

@KarenD - Definitely wait for a sale - you'll feel better about it because they are quite expensive!

@Barilla - That is actually a fantastic idea!

@extraH - Ahh your post made me rush out to find them!!! They are amazing. It is definitely a double edged sword like you said. Also, I found myself way lazier about cuticles when I was wearing these...oops. And that damn design is amazing. I was really going to go for the lace, but this drew me in.

@Tempera - I did not use a top coat. I wanted to test out how these worked on their own, so the 7 days was without top coat. Next time I will use a topcoat though, as I would like it shinier.

k2k

Grace said...

I can not find these anywhere and it's driving me nuts!!! A lot of the drug stores here, even the national chains, are on the small side and so they don't have the same displays that they do elsewhere. NYC: chinese food at 3am, yes. nail stickers, not so much.

extraH said...

Grace - that's the saddest thing EVER!

paint that nail said...

This is my favorite patter out of all of them! These also last so much longer than I though, I have seen many different blogs saying a bunch of different things.

kittytokaren said...

@Grace - Oh no!!! I agree with extraH - that's so sad! Can you buy them anywhere online maybe?

@paint that nail - "Lasting" is different for different people. It comes down to base coat (I used one), top coat (I didn't use one), body chemistry, what you do to your hands every day, and what you think is still "acceptable". A friend of mine who does the same job I do (aka major hand abuse) said her Laced Up strips "lasted" 14 days. They had all little chips at the top. I wouldn't have worn them like that. That's why blogs say different things, because people are different - different chemistry, different opinions, etc.

k2k

Anonymous said...

The black and white is really cool, but I also would be tempted to color a few flowers in with a nail art pen.

Debra said...

I so want to get these. Bartell's didn't have them so I guess I'll have to try Walgreens or Rite Aid

Lindsey said...

Very cool!

Lucy said...

Love this pattern. It's a fun design. I can't do nail art so these would be perfect. Adorable.

Color_thread said...

I love sparkling nails, I'm always looking for a new design for myself with the right ingredients
discount beauty supply

Related Posts with Thumbnails