Sunday, April 17, 2011

Essie Mint Candy Apple



An oldie but a goldie! I've been wanting to try this for ages, after seeing others' lovely swatches. I have a long and unsuccessful history with mint green polish. I tried China Gaze re-fresh mint and it gave me monster lobster claws, so I gifted it to my sister-in-law who has a much richer skin tone (and it looks amazing on her). Perhaps jealous of her success I decided to give this a go to see if it was any less garish on my skin.


The finish on this is soooo dreamy. This is two perfect coats. It wasn't patchy, chalky or draggy - I tend to have very low expectations of pastel polishes after experiencing a few horrorshows (Illamasqua load, I'm looking at you) but this is very easy to apply. It dries fast and lasted five days with only minor tipwear. I also like the colour on me, and it reminds me of mint ice cream. So overall, a definite winner!


Like this? Click below to let us know!

10 comments:

Lolitadewdrop said...

It is certainly a goldie! I really love this colour to wear.

Melissa at Silly Bee's Chickadees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa at Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

Too bad it doesn't smell like mint

Ilexica- do you think you'll be able to get your hands on No More Waity, Katie from Butter London? I'm dying to see it.

Melissa at Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

Great post!

Sia said...

I have a mint green polish like this and I can't get enough of it. Love Sia x

APE said...

I was actually planning to wear this today! Great photo.

lina said...

Looks great on you! nice color!

Janice said...

This is such a great color! It's also has a great similarity - you could almost say dupe to MAC Mischeivous Mint from the Quite Cute collection (I couldn't tell them apart when I swatched them!).

Lucy said...

Your nails are beautiful. I adore mint polish. Just can't get enough of it. I'm afraid to gather all my mints together. There's probably too many that look alike!

ilexica said...

@Melissa - ironically it's easier to get hold of in the US! But Debenhams have a sale on today, so I shall check the current account...

@Janice - I totally agree, I was wearing the essie when I went to have a look at quite cute and I couldn't see any difference.

@Lucy - thanks! I love mint too, and navy, and greige...

Related Posts with Thumbnails