Friday, August 19, 2011

H&M Blue My Mind



Oh neon blue, my old nemesis. My favourite colour to wear and my least favourite to photograph. This one's worth the effort, though:


Two coats. I've used a topcoat but the polish (surprisingly for a semi-neon) dries glossy in any case. It pools a little at the cuticles because it's a thick creme but the brush makes it very easy to control, I had barely any clean up. H&M polishes are only £2.99 and while the quality isn't the best I've tried (I tend to get wear after 2-3 days), for the price they're pretty unbeatable.

And the colour? Drooooool. Very very bright mid-blue with a hint of violet. It's really gloriously loud and opaque.

(If any of you are into mosaic, there's a bright blue smalti tile that matches this colour. It was my favourite when I was a kid, I used to use it in every craft project going. So I'm pleased to be able to wear that colour on my nails!)


Like this? Click below to let us know!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

He's gorgeous!!
Amazing!

Makeup Junkien said...

So pretty! since i can't afford the high end nail polish, should i buy nailpolishes from h&m? or are there any other better quality nailpolish i can get? :)

Kara said...

Me. Want! It's gorgeous, makes me wish I could get it more easily.

Krissy said...

You read my mind, I could just drool staring at this color.

I never new H&M had polishes!

nail crazy said...

every time i see this polish, it always seems to amaze me... it really blue my mind ;-D

nihrida said...

This is one of my all time favorite blue polishes. It's like magic in a bottle. =D

The Phalanges Friend said...

Oooh I want.

Lucy said...

That's a beauty of a blue. I rarely see any H&M polishes. Your nails are so pretty and look even more so with this polish. I don't live near any H&M. Is there a dupe to this? Hope so!

Cristina - PeeBeforePolish said...

Love this polish, but it's incredible hard to photograph also for my camera!!! ;)

beachgal said...

Interesting when it comes to making color paints/polishes and what pigments for sure will go matte if they are neon vs. which will not if they are still neon. This is a lovely blue!

Olivia Frescura said...

I love it! WANT.

Grace Thomas said...

Lucy - sorry this is so late! I think one of the Sally Hansen colours is a dupe, I remembered finding a comparison shot that looked really similar.

I think H&M polishes are great for the money. I've had better, harder wearing polishes but they do some beautiful shades and the price is really decent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails