Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Anna Sui 504


Anna Sui 504

I really wanted to love this polish. I hadn't seen anything else like it: dark auburn jelly with a lot of gold glitter and green iridescent flakies. I mean, what a combination: it's so unusual! Well, I loved the color, I love the gold glitter, the brownish jelly, the typical candy-floral Anna Sui scent (and the cute rose-shaped bottle)... but the flakies were less than fab. Stiffest. flakies. ever. The small flakies were okay but the large pieces didn't spread very well and stuck up in weird angles on my nails. I kept on piling on the layers (I think the above shows four or five?), trying to get more flakies but to no avail.


Like this? Click below to let us know!

6 comments:

Meeka said...

That's too bad :( At first glance it looks like it should be a totally awesome polish but on closer inspection there is definitely something not quite right with it.

beachgal said...

I wonder if you thinned this some, if it would spread and lay down better? You would have to either use it over a dark brown base or build it up to opaque after thinning it. It is a great shade.

Anonymous said...

I looked at the photos, and the first thing that came to mind is OH WOW! I LOVE IT! It just needs more flakies like the middle finger!

Lucy said...

Shame the flakies didn't show up. It all sounds like it should work. Pretty.

Jesi said...

I have this one and I completely agree. Very unusual but flattering combination. Application sucked. Like you I tried to apply multiple coats and it just ended up looking like brown goo with the occasional baby blue flakie sticking out (not lying flat on the nail). Ugh. Do you think it smells like lychee?

mich said...

It's such a pretty color too bad it's a pain to apply and stay on. I know how that's like. Had me a PA nail polish with tons of hearts and sparkles mix in. It's super cute but hard to apply and the hearts always seem to stick up even after two layers of top coat. But I have to say I still love that brown =]

Related Posts with Thumbnails