Friday, January 6, 2012

Butter London Dosh with Claire's Gold Glitter Topcoat


Butter London Dosh with Claire's Gold Glitter Topcoat

Spruced up the Dosh mani from yesterday's post with... I think four? coats of a holo gold topcoat from Claire's. I wish this could've been more opaque on its own but it serves its sparkly purpose quite well as a topcoat. It surprises me to no end that Claire's Accessories often turns out really great polishes. It's because I think of Claire's as a store I went to as a tween to get cheap-o jewelry. You know, after hitting Contempo Casual. Before it got bought by Wet Seal. (There, I just dated myself.) So I always feel a little sheepish hitting Claire's at the mall. See, I try to appear as if I'm just a really cool young aunt who buys her cool young niece some cool young nail polish. I don't make up stories about my non-existent niece but I try to give off the air of aunt-ness in my carriage. But usually, my brightly made-up nails give away my game. 



Like this? Click below to let us know!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah I like the part "usually, my brightly made-up nails give away my game." XD This combination looks great! :D

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Claire's, and its sister store, Icing, always surprise me with the fashion-forward polishes they have. Anytime I'm in the mall, I always stop by and see what they have new.

Ali said...

This is so pretty! I used to avoid Claire's too. I only recently just discovered their fabulous nail polishes. Another store that has a good selection (although I've never tried any of it) is Hot Topic.

Anonymous said...

what a cute little video it is!! like the polish itself. :)

Alyssa said...

Hot Topic was the first place I found a matte topcoat that I'd searched my whole town for. I love Claire's too, even if I do look like a weirdo shopping there. Icing is really cool too. They have some awesome glitters!

-Alyssa
fancyphalanges.blogspot.com

Risu said...

I've got several polishes from Claire's that I love. Mostly glitters.
Then again, I'm 23 and still occasionally buy their earrings (mostly because I lose earrings like crazy, so I don't want expensive ones)

Elaine said...

Like the polish, but I really wanted to tell you..I really enjoy Polish or Perish..all you ladies are great. But I specifically enjoy all YOUR little stories. They always put a smile on my face! Happy New Year, flinty!
And keep those stories coming! :-)

Lucy said...

I haven't been to Claire's in many years. I used to love to buy earrings there. Also bought some pins. I doubt if I even have them anymore. I had no idea they had polish. Cool.

aimeeus said...

Haaa I do this in Claire's too! I still buy all their hair accessories :) This looks great!

fingers said...

I really like this! So pretty!

itm said...

This is nice post, it is so pretty
us gold coins

Related Posts with Thumbnails