Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Kate Spade" manicure - SpaRitual Driftwood & OPI Glitzerland


I got a new wallet for my birthday - after 10 years! finally! - and I think it's fair to say that I'm a little obsessed with it. (In case you're curious, it's this one by Kate Spade in flo coral.) The lining of it inspired me to do another dot manicure (see my other dot mani here), and since the pattern is classic Kate Spade, I'm anointing this the "Kate Spade manicure" - hope she doesn't mind...


And a peek inside my wallet...


I used SpaRitual Driftwood and OPI Glitzerland for the dots.

Nail art is clearly not my forte, but the dots are easy enough to do with the end of a bobby pin, and I think it turned out pretty cute!

Have you dabbled in any nail art lately?

kittytokaren


Like this? Click below to let us know!

11 comments:

Grace Thomas said...

I love this. Your dot manicures are so beautiful, they make me squee every time!

Nice purse by the way - you've reminded me I need to replace mine (TK Maxx, £10, four years ago...)

keijtieloves said...

like :)

Grace said...

Ooh, I love that wallet! I'm on about my 5th J. Crew "magic wallet". This one's calf hair in leopard print. Last one was zebra. I keep meaning to invest in a more substantial one, but the little magic wallets are so good at holding the necessities and so easy to toss into a clutch or a back pocket. I'm kind of hooked.

I'm itching to try a subtle dot manicure with Essie Who is The Boss and some matte topcoat, but it will have to wait until after the conference I'm going to this weekend!

Niki said...

this is beautiful!!

Eleni said...

lovely nails! xx

dreamingthesea.blogspot.com

kittytokaren said...

@ilexica - Aww thanks sweet girl! :)

@keijtieloves - thanks!

@Grace - This "magic" wallet sounds intriguing! I'm going to have to go look this up!

@Niki - thank you!

@eleni - What a nice thing to say :) Thanks!

Abbienail said...

Those dots look so perfect on your nails!

Indoor Kitty said...

I must confess, I copied your last dot manicure when you posted it ages ago and I probably will copy this one too. I like that it's blingy while still being demure and classy. Brava!

kittytokaren said...

@Abbienail - Thank you! It's really the only nail art I can manage.

@Indoor Kitty - Hi there!!! Havent seen you in a while friend :) I'm so flattered that you copied my last one (and perhaps this one). Very high compliment. I like these dot manis for the same reason you do - a little special, but not too wild.

k2k

Mariana said...

K2K, where did you purchase your SpaRitual Driftwood polish? I am slightly obsessed, but I don't know what retail locations would have it or if I would have to order it online. I am an Essie lover much like yourself- do you know if there are any Essie's that are dupe-y to Driftwood before I pull the trigger online/or search elsewhere? Thanks in advance (for this lemming)!

mm

Unknown said...

Ah I love Kate Spade and I love this mani! I just ordered a new wallet from KS for spring : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails