Wednesday, July 11, 2012

OPI and Rainbow Honey layering: grey and pink


I must say, this has been my most favorite recent manicure. Of course, my favorites change often, but recently, this one. THIS ONE. It was beautiful and full of depth and glitter.

While I personally love jellies in theory, a lot of the time I don't like it on myself. But the hype of the OPI Ballet collection got to me and I got the full set and I love them! My first full manicure with the sheers is OPI: My Pointe Exactly + OPI: Pirouette My Whistle.


I think this is about 4 layers of My Pointe Exactly and 2 of Pirouette My Whistle. The glitter is so delicate and sparkles lightly, if that makes sense. I kept this manicure for about 3 days before messing with it, haha.

Rainbow Honey is another indie that makes amazing glitters. When she offered a pre-order a while ago I jumped on it and got four. I layered one of them, Hanami, on top of this mani, and it was instant love! I feel grey and pink are one of those pretty color combinations, too :)



I did two layers of Hanami and a whole bunch of top coat -- it was a hungry glitter! But so worth it. Pink hexes along with more translucent shards, translucent hex glitters and iridescent smaller glitters jam packed in a pink shimmery base. There's so much in this polish! It garnered a lot of compliments, too :D

You could still tell it was layered of a sheer/jelly base, and it all worked beautifully together.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

7 comments:

Kimberley said...

I love both of these manis!

Grace said...

Nice! I have on My Pointe Exactly at the moment - actually tried it as a french mani, which I haven't worn in about, oh, a decade or so. I figure the gray base keeps it more edgy than stepford. I can't get over how amazingly streak free the application was - not like those streaky "sorbet" disasters from the texas collection.

Melissa said...

I'm loving both of these! The glitters you used are really pretty.

minnie said...

@TikiBarbie - thank you!!

@Grace - yeah I love the Ballet jellies! too awesome

@Melissa - thank you! check Rainbow Honey out if you can :)

beachgal said...

I have so much enjoyed most all of the NYC Ballet sheer/jellies and I too use them often with Pirouette My Whistle. These parings were my first really successful Jelly layerings. Encourage others to try jelly sands with light shades first. Now I am more bold when I find some bolder shades I have that work for jelly sandwiches. I do have to agree with you - I go back to this same one a lot - the gray with Pirouette My Whistle really looks great. I sometimes add some Nubar White Polka Dot to the mix as well, despite Pirouette and WPD are pretty close to each other.

beachgal said...

@grace - I agree. I had trouble learning to do a jelly sandwich at first because I only had the couple of jellies from the TX collection and they did not work that well...UNTIL I put two of the TX shades together - I use the pinker one with the pink coral. That seems to work and the formulas level out. I think the 2 I put together are Do You Think I'm Tex-y? and Guy Meets Gal-veston.

Risu said...

Yes! I LOVE Rainbow Honey. I've got 6 of 8 of the Equestria collection. Celestia is layered over American Apparel The Valley on my toes right now and it's GORGEOUS.

Related Posts with Thumbnails