Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pretty Periwinkle - Essie Boxer Shorts


I have a friend who LOVES periwinkle polishes. We haven't spoken in a while, but when I picked this up I immediately thought of her! I really hope she is doing well. I'm nervous to contact her again, but I really should...and maybe I should bring her a bottle of Essie Boxer Shorts. Then again, she probably already has it!


A lovely periwinkle cream polish - colourful but not too bright. I LOVE this on my toes! Here it is compared to Lapis of Luxury - Boxer Shorts on the left, Lapis on the right.


Boxer Shorts is a bit deeper and seems to have more blue in it. Both lovely polishes! You may not need both, but they will both have a home with me for the time being...that is until I go on a purge bender again!

Are you partial to periwinkle?

kittytokaren


Like this? Click below to let us know!

12 comments:

Laquer Lad said...

Pretty! And it's a great color on you.

scReamViolenc3 said...

I need wear it now! It's still sitting in my untrieds. Looks lovely on you!

Yogi said...

Are theses super mega opaque? Or a little jelly maybe?

Sasha said...

I LOVE periwinkle! So I definitely need this, even though I have Lapis of Luxury.

Jaybird said...

That is calling my name! It looks lovely on you k2k!

Grace said...

Get out my head! Haha, I *just* picked this up about 20 minutes ago from CVS (along with Pilates Hottie and Stroke of Brilliance - not what I went in for, but who am I to pass up an Essie display?) I was curious to see Yogaga and Gym Dandy in person, but they were gone.

I can't believe how blue it is next to Lapis - in the store it looked so purple, I was betting it would be similar to Play Date. I only have the mini of Lapis, so I'm glad to have this one.

beachgal said...

I have both of these - I am a sucker for these shades IF they don't have too much white in them turning them chalky (like a # of Essies in the periwinkle range have fallen into).

jamie. said...

UGH where was this post yesterday?? I couldn't find a comparison to Lapis anywhere! I just caved and bought boxer shorts though literally 10 mins ago and can't wait to wear it

scReamViolenc3 said...

Btw, I think you should definitely get back in touch with her :)!

I Bleed Polish said...

Love this color!

Katie said...

You know what's funny....I just got this color and then you posted a swatch of it!

And I totally need Lapis of Luxury. And it also appears I need Play Date just by looking at the thumbnail! Ah, purples. I love 'em! (It is my FAVORITE color. Now, if only someone did a smooth dark purple glitter or holographic that was 3 Free and easily available here in the states and I'd be in Heaven.)

The Lacquer Tracker said...

This is a beautiful periwinkle creme- thanks for the comparison you did with it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails