Thursday, October 18, 2012

Loki's Lacquer Abby-Lanche and Wolf in Fashion


I'm still quite a newbie when it comes to indie polishes, but I've well and truly broken the seal now, and I can see how it can become addictive! Today I have swatches of two Loki's Lacquers, made by the lovely Aussie lady Tara. I posted a couple of her newer polishes on my blog last week - the two I have today are inspired by Monster High, a show which her adorable daughter is obsessed with. Coolest mum of the year or what? If you Google the character names, you can really see where the inspiration comes from.




Abby-Lanche - inspired by the character Abbey, an abominable snowgirl, this is a milky white base with subtle shimmer containing lots of matte glitter: big purple and pale pink squares (you have to fish a bit for these), big blue hexes, medium pale purple and blue hexes, and little red hexes. This is one of my absolute favourite polishes right now! Two-ish coats over white, using "dabbing" techniques.




Wolf in Fashion - this is inspired by the character Howleen Wolf. It's matte blue glitter in an orange base, with a blue shift where the light hits it. A very unique polish! This is swatched over Sally Hansen Sun Kissed (orange creme).

The formulas of these are great, and these are easy to apply. Abby-Lanche is probably my favourite indie polish so far - I go weak at the knees for milky bases, and the glitter combo is gorgeous! Unfortunately due to Australian shipping restrictions, Loki's Lacquer doesn't ship directly overseas, but if you're lucky enough to live in Australia or have an Aussie swap buddy, they're available here.

Like this? Click below to let us know!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails