Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pink and monochrome glitter gradient



This is a gradient that I recently did to get the neon out of my system before autumn set in here in Australia. I do a lot of metallic glitter gradients, but I've never done one with black and white - I really like the result! (I posted a tutorial a little while ago on my blog, on how to achieve this effect with a cotton bud, without too much of the clear glitter base making the tip of the mani fat.)




The black and white glitter is Peita's Polish Zebration. Coral is my favourite neon shade - I recently swatched my collection and found 12 very similar coral cremes, out of just under 500 in the total collection, which I think is a bit ridiculous! I used Face of Australia Show Off here, and it's possibly the most neon out of the corals (not as neon as some of my neon pinks though).


I always find corals really difficult to photograph, so this isn't entirely colour-accurate. But the formula of this was great, lovely and smooth. I love a good creme formula!

Like this? Click below to let us know!

8 comments:

Queenpushy said...

Thanks for this technique. Tried it out and it works surprisingly well! I didn't get cotton particles all over like I thought I would. Will use this a lot. Thanks again.

Desert Rose said...

I usually find corals quite tricky - they always look tempting in the bottles but then not so good (at least on my fingers, lol!). This one is really stunning!

Miuri said...

wow, this looks so pretty :)

Deborah - Love. Varnish, chocolate and more... said...

What a fun manicure! Lovely!

Jammies said...

It's a lovely manicure and beautifully photographed, but the M.A. in me feels compelled to point out that monochrome means one color, and black and white isn't monochrome. Sorry, shutting up now.

UKNailRunner said...

What a nice idea! It looks great!

Abby said...

The black and white looks great against the bright coral!

Play Bazaar said...

Ek Hasrat Hai Unhe Manane Ki,
Wo Itne Achhe Hai Ki Kabhi Khafa Nahi Hote.

satta king
Satta King
Play Bazaar

Related Posts with Thumbnails