Friday, June 21, 2013

EDC Nails! Neon gradient with randon black stripes :)

I listen to mostly Top 40 music with a smattering of more popular EDM (electronic dance music) thrown in. Lately EDM is all I've been listening to, although now I'm on a classical music kick. My tastes varies, I can listen to most anything.

EDC Las Vegas is coming up this weekend and I have a few friends (from all over!) going. I know they're going to have a great time, and one of them asked for EDC nails and I said of course! I didn't quite know what I wanted to do, except that maybe it'd be more complicated. I haven't done "complicated" nail art in a while. A looong time. This is what I came up with.

I did neon gradient with random black stripes :) I used all China Glaze neons.

Thumb, middle finger and pinky are: Pool Party (neon pink), Towel Boy Toy (neon blue), Kiwi Cool-ada (neon green). I also put a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust over the top of these nails.

Index and ring finger are (these really didn't come out in the pictures): Flip Flop Fantasy (hot neon coral), Sun Worshiper (neon orange), Yellow Polka Dot Bikini (neon highlighter yellow).

I love how these came out. For the gradients I used a cosmetic wedge sponge, painted stripes of the colors and dabbed it on. I use random placement of striping tape and just used my go to black, American Apparel Hassid over.

Only pain in the butt part was the fact that I used neons, which aren't the most opaque nail polishes to begin with. I did use a base coat of white but it only helped a little. I tried to minimize smudging (maybe one day!) but I'm happy with how the lines came out.

If you're going to EDC Las Vegas, I hope you have fun, safe time! Have a great weekend everyone!

Like this? Click below to let us know!


Olivia McHale said...

This is amazing! I've never been good at doing gradients, and you make it look so easy :) fabulous mani!
- Olivia x

jlynntc said...

I have this blogs updates sent to my email, I dont always comment and I sometimes I dont see every single post... The fact that you put EDC in the title made me click it like 10 times lol. I love this mani! I love edc! I went to EDC Chicago and i had THE TIME of my LIFE. Definitely something to never be forgotten. Thanks for creating and sharing this mani! I hope all of those going to EDC Vegas have fun, drink lots of water, stay safe and keep dancing. PLUR!!!!!!!!!!!

LabMuffin said...

Looks amazing! You ahould do more nail art :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails