Friday, August 2, 2013

Rainbow gradient


I love gradients - they're easy and impressive, even if clean-up (and the resulting angry dry skin) is a bit of a pain. Here's one I did recently using some Bio Sculpture polishes, which I wore to a meetup with some Sydney nail fanatics:




And here's what it looks like after I covered it with permanent marker, using PVA to stop the marker from streaking (see the tutorial I did here)


I wish I'd thought of it sooner! I'm also quite surprised by how much darker it looks after the markering - I mean, it should be pretty damn obvious since I'm covering 60% of the nail in black, but the contrast between the original and the final is pretty striking to me. Silly irrational human brain!

(You may have noticed that I used the same colours as I did for this gradient Movember mani, because I am clearly somewhat lacking in imagination and if the colours are from the same collection, that's my gradient choices done. But seriously, that Bio Sculpture collection has the prettiest matching gelato colours. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the gradient! On first look I thought you added a stamp! Fantastic use of a marker! :)

Anonymous said...

I read something last week that sounds really good. Using Elmer's white school or craft glue, paint this on your skin and allow it to dry before sponging. It turns clean when dry. Clean up is washing with soap and water.

Satta King said...

play bazaar
play bazaar

play bazaar Kabhi Sham Dhale Jab Hum Mile
Na Din Dhale Na Raat Ho
Ye Aarzoo Din Raat Ho
Ye Zindgi Tere Sath Ho..

Related Posts with Thumbnails