Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Traditional Fall - OPI Mrs O'Leary's BBQ


Almost every fall season in my memory, burgundy has popped up as an "on-trend" colour. Which to me makes it a classic, as opposed to trendy, but who am I to argue with the fashion magazine gods? OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ is one of the most traditional incarnations of burgundy that I know of, and every fall it always seems just right...


Creamy, rich, and dark without being black - if you want to add a burgundy to your fall nail wardrobe, this is a really solid choice. Plus, it really does remind me of barbecue sauce!

What is a classic "fall" colour to you?

kittytokaren

Like this? Click below to let us know!

6 comments:

Dzung said...

i have this color on right now too! i've had it for awhile, but haven't used it much. but now that fall is here and the oxblood color so on trend right now, i'm loving it again!

beachgal said...

So agree - burgundy always works in the fall...as does cranberry red at end of yr holiday time (vs only bright red). Trying to recall what I read this past mo. about Ms O'L BBQ and another OPI shade that is super close to it. We finally cooled off some where I live so I can feel OK about wearing some fall nail shades...I am not into fall clothing yet however - still too warm for it.

Grace said...

This is one I keep passing up on the racks. I swear I've picked it a thousand times but always put it back down, but I don't think I have a dupe. I don't have enough (bahahaha, don't have *enough* nail polish - that's the sickness talking, right there) of the old classic OPIs - basically anything before the French collection. It might be time to take the plunge.

I love a deep berry burgundy, or darker shades of taupe (like YDKJ, or Chinchilly) for fall.

I'm wearing Essie Head Mistress right now, and while it's definitely berry-tinged RED in bright sunlight, in my office lighting (i.e. most of the day) it reads as a red-leaning burgundy, and I'm loving the contrast.

hermetic said...

Nice one, pure classic. TO me, for the past 3-4 years, fall color is anything brown-taupe, my favorite and most worn being OPI Over The Taupe, perfect for fall yet trendy enough.

The Lacquer Tracker said...

Ohh! I just posted about this one the other day. :D My only black label OPI, and you're right- it's a classic. And definitely BBQ sauce-y. Looks lovely on you!

missybou said...

What a beautiful color is that!!! I'm obsessed...Can you suggest me a dupe for this from Essie? I cant find OPI in my coutry...

Related Posts with Thumbnails