Saturday, June 1, 2013

Copper oxide and copper metal: Butter London Two Fingered Salute and Face of Australia Studio 54


I've been really obsessed with work safe polishes since finally scoring a temporary teaching job, my first income since my scholarship ran out. I recently scored my second ever Butter London polish in a Sydney nail meetup from the lovely Rebecca - it's Two Fingered Salute, a dusty pastel green with copper microglitter, which I think is work safe from a distance. The microglitter just happened to match the newly released glitter Face of Australia Studio 54, so naturally the two had to pose together in a mani.


I loved this combination - Two Fingered Salute is such a pretty, elegant colour. It just so happens that the green is the colour of oxidised copper (think Statue of Liberty) and the copper is, well, copper, which made my (not very) inner nerd quite happy!


I would love to have more Butter Londons, but my wallet just won't let me yet! What are your favourite work safe colours?

Like this? Click below to let us know!

8 comments:

Essie Rae said...

What an awesome mani! I just love this combo so much!

Amelia said...

Очень красиво!

Squeaky Nails said...

That glitter is GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

This is a lovely look Michelle! That BL is stunning! Keep an eye out on Ozsale.com as they regularly have Butter London's for sale for $10. That's where I get mine!

auroragyps said...

I love the shade of copper patina (I actually saved a copper pipe from a wind chime to match polishes to), so I had to get Two Fingered Salute after I saw it. It's a funky color, but it's subtle. I should really get a back up someday, but kind of hope someone comes out with a cheaper dupe of it.

Anonymous said...

I just bought this one too! Haven't gotten to try it yet, it's my first butter polish.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! It's such a gorgeous polish :)

Deborah - Love. Varnish, chocolate and more... said...

TFS is such a beauty ♥.

Related Posts with Thumbnails